+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent request during the 2ndary review (PR renew)

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
I want sent a urgent request for my PR card renew, does anyone has any experience to sent the Case Specific Enquiry?

I'd like to know is there anything I should be aware of when i make the request? I try to avoid typical mistake

I would really appreciate it if some one in this forum with the experience to give me some advice.

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How many residency days do you have? Are you very close to two years? Generally it's a bad idea to send an urgent request if you are just over the number of residency days required. It tends to cause CIC to examine your application much more closely and creates huges delays.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK -based on your old posts, it looks like you have 745 residency days. I would not apply for urgent processing. Based on what we've seen on this forum, an urgent processing request will most likely create far more problems than it solves. Just my two cents...

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
scylla said:
How many residency days do you have? Are you very close to two years? Generally it's a bad idea to send an urgent request if you are just over the number of residency days required. It tends to cause CIC to examine your application much more closely and creates huges delays.
i have 745 days (which is very close to RO)
this is my 2nd PR card renew, when i renew my card last time i was less than 730 days (how ever i work for a canadian company over sea), but CIC did not give me hard time at all, my last renew was processed and approved in the same day.
since i had more than 730 days this time, i did not include my work days as part of my RO in the application form.

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
scylla said:
OK -based on your old posts, it looks like you have 745 residency days. I would not apply for urgent processing. Based on what we've seen on this forum, an urgent processing request will most likely create far more problems than it solves. Just my two cents...
first, thanks for your advice scylla.
I'm facing a really difficult situation here, i would not take any risk if i have to. part of my job is require me to travel in and out the country.
I just worried that I might loss my job, I have no idea about 2ndary review before i sent my application. since last time was easy.

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
scylla said:
I do worried that urgent processing could cause even more problems, but really i have nothing to hide. The reason i'm thinking about urgent request is because I thought if they are going to ask me more, then i rather they ask me sooner. At least, i still work at the same job start 7 years ago. If I loss my job and then the officer come back to me one year later ask all the questions about my travel related to my work, is even harder for me to get all the support documents at that moment of time.

either way seems like hard for me.

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
mikekoo said:
I want sent a urgent request for my PR card renew, does anyone has any experience to sent the Case Specific Enquiry?

I'd like to know is there anything I should be aware of when i make the request? I try to avoid typical mistake

I would really appreciate it if some one in this forum with the experience to give me some advice.

thank you
I just applied urgent processing by using the "case specific web form" last week. The form was easy to fill out that you shouldn't make any mistake. Remember to upload your air ticket and payment receipt, I think that's the most important. You may include the reason why you want to apply urgent processing but it's not necessary. However you can only apply urgent processing if you are travelling 6-12 weeks from now.

Hopefully I can get the card before my planned travel date.

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
Kikilala said:
I just applied urgent processing by using the "case specific web form" last week. The form was easy to fill out that you shouldn't make any mistake. Remember to upload your air ticket and payment receipt, I think that's the most important. You may include the reason why you want to apply urgent processing but it's not necessary. However you can only apply urgent processing if you are travelling 6-12 weeks from now.

Hopefully I can get the card before my planned travel date.
thank you for the information Kikilala

Are you in the 2ndary review when you submitted the urgent request? Some people said that CIC does not accept the urgent request during the 2nd review.

please let me know if CIC accepted you urgent request or not, thanks

Jerry Zhang

Feb 23, 2016
mikekoo said:

Are you in the 2ndary review when you submitted the urgent request? Some people said that CIC does not accept the urgent request during the 2nd review.

I am in 2nd review, and I submitted the request 3 weeks ago.
At least this is what I was told on the phone, once your application is in 2nd review, the urgent processing request just does not work.
Sounds like it is most likely not helping on anything, and do not know if it makes the situation even worse.

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
Jerry Zhang said:
I am in 2nd review, and I submitted the request 3 weeks ago.
At least this is what I was told on the phone, once your application is in 2nd review, the urgent processing request just does not work.
Sounds like it is most likely not helping on anything, and do not know if it makes the situation even worse.
Thanks Jerry, by the way, did you submitted the urgent request after 2ndary review or before the 2nd review?
Does the call center told you it does not work?

It's really hard to say if urgent request will make the situation worse, depends on each different case.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikekoo said:
first, thanks for your advice scylla.
I'm facing a really difficult situation here, i would not take any risk if i have to. part of my job is require me to travel in and out the country.
I just worried that I might loss my job, I have no idea about 2ndary review before i sent my application. since last time was easy.
Any chance you are have a US visa or have a US visa exempted passport? If so, I don't see any problem travel in and out of the country (at least at the land border on foot).

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
You can submit your request to urgent the renew process. Nothing wrong with that. Just submit the special form or write the letter and attach some documents that show you need your card urgently. They got a lot of similar requests. Call center is helpless in this case. They do not obligated to response properly to your question, but they are under obligation to react to your written request. Usually, it works. Good luck!

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
mikekoo said:

Yes, I'm under 2nd review. I talked to a consultant about urgent processing during 2nd review, he said we can apply, it takes about 4-5 weeks IF they process it. So I asked him is there any of his clients under 2nd review successfully got the card by applying for urgent, he said some did but some didn't. Since there's nothing I can do and the most I'll lost the handling fees for canceling the air ticket, so I decided to give it a try.

I got the reply 1 day after requested for urgent, said that they'll send my request to case processing centre. So now it's all about if the processing centre wants to process my case :'(

Jerry Zhang

Feb 23, 2016
mikekoo said:
Thanks Jerry, by the way, did you submitted the urgent request after 2ndary review or before the 2nd review?
Does the call center told you it does not work?

It's really hard to say if urgent request will make the situation worse, depends on each different case.
I submitted urgent request after 2nd review.
Yes, the call center told me it does not work, and seems she was right, as I submitted the request 6 weeks ago and my case has nothing changed.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi, I know it's been very long since the last post, but did you guys end up getting your pr cards renewed after you applied for urgent request under secondary review?