+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Renewal of PR Card - How long does it take?

temi4u

Feb 3, 2022
I applied for urgent renewal of my PR card for a work trip to the US, provided all the documents ( Ticket Itinerary, Fully paid hotel accommodation, Confirmation of registration for the training/seminar and letter from employer)
My application has been showing Decision Made since 22nd of January, I contacted IRCC through Webform and I received response on 25th January that my application has been approved and sent for production. My travel date is February 16th and I have not received any update yet that the card has been mailed.
Will I know when the PR card is mailed? or do I just keep checking the Post box everyday? I am scared I may not receive my card and this will impact my job , the seminar is mandatory and my employer and IRCC is aware. Is there another way I can expedite this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for urgent renewal of my PR card for a work trip to the US, provided all the documents ( Ticket Itinerary, Fully paid hotel accommodation, Confirmation of registration for the training/seminar and letter from employer)
My application has been showing Decision Made since 22nd of January, I contacted IRCC through Webform and I received response on 25th January that my application has been approved and sent for production. My travel date is February 16th and I have not received any update yet that the card has been mailed.
Will I know when the PR card is mailed? or do I just keep checking the Post box everyday? I am scared I may not receive my card and this will impact my job , the seminar is mandatory and my employer and IRCC is aware. Is there another way I can expedite this?
There isn't any way to expedite further. But an easy way to solve this is to fly to a US city that is close to the border when you are coming back to Canada and then to re-enter Canada through a land border using a rental car or something like that. If you do that, you don't need to be holding a valid PR card.

RoonieW

Jan 31, 2022
Probably a good idea to call IRCC ... I googled it and this number came out: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
Good luck!

Reactions: temi4u

RoonieW

Jan 31, 2022
There isn't any way to expedite further. But an easy way to solve this is to fly to a US city that is close to the border when you are coming back to Canada and then to re-enter Canada through a land border using a rental car or something like that. If you do that, you don't need to be holding a valid PR card.
Really? So you can re-enter with an expired PR card through a land border?

temi4u

Feb 3, 2022
I will have to look for the nearest city and see the possibility of coming back with a rental car

Reactions: scylla

temi4u

Feb 3, 2022
Probably a good idea to call IRCC ... I googled it and this number came out: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
Good luck!
I have called that number several times, you don't get to talk to any humans, they tell all the agents are busy and unable to take calls

temi4u

Feb 3, 2022
Really? So you can re-enter with an expired PR card through a land border?
Yes, it's on the CIC website, you have to show other ID - Drivers License and drive a private car. I will consider that option rather than missing the training/seminar and jeopardizing my job

Reactions: RoonieW

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have called that number several times, you don't get to talk to any humans, they tell all the agents are busy and unable to take calls
IMO there is no point calling the help desk and it's a waste of your time. They can't do anything to expedite further. Either the card arrives in time or you fly to a city close to the border on your way home and re-enter by land.

Reactions: temi4u