+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent refugee travel document during COVID

abcdtt

Apr 13, 2021
Hello Everyone
I hope you are doing well

I sent my application for the refugee travel document and then sent a webform informing IRCC that I need urgent process due to an emergency

IRCC replied to me and informed me that they forwarded my request to the certificate of identity in Gatinieu. Then I received an epost connect message. When I opened it, they said to submit the application using epost connect. I informed them that I have already sent the application via mail and I gave them the tracking number and sent a new webform stating the same information. Now it has been almost a month and I have not received anything and even they did not deduct the application fee from my credit card.

Did someone face something like that before ?

What should I do ?

Thanks

abcdtt

Apr 13, 2021
Can someone who knows or has experience please respond since I am very confused and worried

cpasbirn

Dec 1, 2020
Can someone who knows or has experience please respond since I am very confused and worried
Here is my experience, i sent the webform before mailing the application and they sent me the basic instructions through epost, i printed the message and sent it along with the application. 3 weeks later they sent me my new RTD. I’d suggest you fill the webform once again and explain them the situation or you can fax them at 8199539546

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Send the webform first, wait until they contact you with basic information, like how and where to mail your application. Then mail your complete application to Ottawa,(Make sure you write Urgent on the envelope so they can start your application right away), after you mailed your application, send another web form, include the tracking number and explain everything. You should receive your RTD within 20 days!

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Here is my experience, i sent the webform before mailing the application and they sent me the basic instructions through epost, i printed the message and sent it along with the application. 3 weeks later they sent me my new RTD. I’d suggest you fill the webform once again and explain them the situation or you can fax them at 8199539546
Hi @cpasbirn

Did you need to ask a guarantor to sign the application & one photo? And by sending did you mean sending it online through epost or physical mail? Thanks!

Reactions: cpasbirn

abcdtt

Apr 13, 2021
@Jon0003 Thanks for responding

I already sent the application about a month ago. After I sent the application, I sent a webform with the request of urgent process with the reasons and the mail tracking number. The thing is I sent the tracking number in another webform. And whenever I send a webform now, they say that the agent who responded to me before took the appropriate actions (she sent a request to the passport office with the mail tracking number). And that is it for 3 weeks no news until now. I am going to call the office again this week since by this week I will hit the one month margin

also some notes : my application until now is not on the system and the fees were not deducted from my credit card