+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT Referrals Process for Work Permit

aka2018

Dec 19, 2018
Hello,
I am in a bad situation right now, I applied for my PR through family sponsorship and my husband sponsored me for PR and BWOP but yesterday we got our file back because one document was missing Now my work permit has expired and I understand have to apply for restoration asap but it will take too long. I have a offer letter for my new job for next month and I was looking for something through which we can expedite the process and I stumbled upon this link which came in existence on January 2 2019. Has anyone heard of it before? Please visit the link below to know more and if you have heard about this before let me know in comments.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/urgent-referrals.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I am in a bad situation right now, I applied for my PR through family sponsorship and my husband sponsored me for PR and BWOP but yesterday we got our file back because one document was missing Now my work permit has expired and I understand have to apply for restoration asap but it will take too long. I have a offer letter for my new job for next month and I was looking for something through which we can expedite the process and I stumbled upon this link which came in existence on January 2 2019. Has anyone heard of it before? Please visit the link below to know more and if you have heard about this before let me know in comments.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/urgent-referrals.html
Your situation is not urgent, nor is it a work permit extension. You need to apply for Restoration. Note that you can try applying for Restoration as a worker but because the inland OWP requires a person to have valid status at the time of submission, it may not be approved until AIP, which is at the end of the PR process.

Reactions: scylla