+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Received Renewed Study Permit Saying Not Allowed to Employ

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello,

My friend received a study permit extension after applying online. The study permit says “You are not authorized to work in Canada”.
But that was not there in her initial study permit she got from port of entry when landing here in 2017.

The situation is she got a summer job offer, and her SIN is not getting renewed due to that remark. Her employer is not allowing her to work.

We talked to IRCC , they said you have to mail the application for correction which is going to take 1 month of time.

Also we went to the flagpoling, but Immigration officer didn’t helped us out saying your study permit is not expired so they cant issue new one.

We finally went to the MPP and he said he can give us referral letter but I dont know which referral letter we need here and to address whom ?

Moreover, we were also told you should try visiting the local IRCC offices in GTA area for the correction.

Can someone advice me on this ?
If the referral letter be of any help ? And what letter shall we make ?
Can we also get a letter to send to employer to allow ger work till her application is processing ?
Is that possible ?

We need it urgent ! Otherwise she will lose her employment.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My friend received a study permit extension after applying online. The study permit says “You are not authorized to work in Canada”.
But that was not there in her initial study permit she got from port of entry when landing here in 2017.

The situation is she got a summer job offer, and her SIN is not getting renewed due to that remark. Her employer is not allowing her to work.

We talked to IRCC , they said you have to mail the application for correction which is going to take 1 month of time.

Also we went to the flagpoling, but Immigration officer didn’t helped us out saying your study permit is not expired so they cant issue new one.

We finally went to the MPP and he said he can give us referral letter but I dont know which referral letter we need here and to address whom ?

Moreover, we were also told you should try visiting the local IRCC offices in GTA area for the correction.

Can someone advice me on this ?
If the referral letter be of any help ? And what letter shall we make ?
Can we also get a letter to send to employer to allow ger work till her application is processing ?
Is that possible ?

We need it urgent ! Otherwise she will lose her employment.
She should mail or submit the online application as soon as possible to fix her study permit.

The employer cannot legally allow her to work without a valid SIN. Sending the MP letter to her employer will not be of any help. She needs a valid SIN to be able to work. The referral letter from the MP really won't be of any help unfortunately.

Note that you cannot visit IRCC offices in person.