+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question

danny89

Dec 10, 2020
Hello guys. I have a question about ITA.
I got an ITA on Dec 9,2020 with score 478.
I think I need to work 2 weeks more in order to fill out my 2 years work experience but the system calculated as I worked 2 years already.

Do I need to decline my ITA and waiting for next ITA ??

Santy18

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I think I need to work 2 weeks more in order to fill out my 2 years work experience but the system calculated as I worked 2 years already.

Call and ask IRCC for a guidance..2 weeks is way less for declining an ITA...Since the time by which you submit your documents etc and AOR comes, you would be over the threshold of invalidity anyway.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018

Wait until you complete two weeks then submit your application.

ccaptain

Dec 1, 2020
Not 100% sure, but your point might have been locked at the time you received ITA. So when IRCC starts processing your file, they might check the time you received ITA when calculating your work experience.

Call IRCC to clarify. Just to be safe side, I would reject this one. There is no harm in that. You will be put back in the pool and will receive a new ITA and hopefully this time, you will complete your 2 years exactly.

On the other hand, if you don’t reject and proceed with this invitation, you will have a doubt in your mind eating you for the next few months. In the end, they might even reject your application because of 2 weeks. You lost a few months down the road and some money you paid for the application fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaspreet987

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I was in a similar situation too. The only difference is that I held off my profile for the exact 1 year date based on many threads I read over time. I would reject this and go back to the pool and wait for the next draw - based on your points, I think its a sure shot ITA for you. A rejection after a long wait doesn't worth it, in my opinion.

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020

Dont reject ita. Just go with the system, they calculate the month not by date.