+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Question

caparents

Jul 10, 2012
Hi all,

My parents are coming to Canada from India based on Permanent Residency/immigration visa. They will be staying with my brother in Canada.

Would it be ok for them to stop by US to visit me for 1 - 2 months before entering Canada?

I appreciate the quick reply to this message.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
caparents said:
Hi all,

My parents are coming to Canada from India based on Permanent Residency/immigration visa. They will be staying with my brother in Canada.

Would it be ok for them to stop by US to visit me for 1 - 2 months before entering Canada?

When someone lands as a PR, they will need to have a PR card to re-enter Canada. You can look up the current processing times for PR card online on CIC. They can of course travel abroad w/o the PR card, but in order to re-enter Canada they will need permission.

So the easiest is to wait for the PR cards to arrive and then travel.
Hope this helps.

caparents

Jul 10, 2012
Thanks for replying. They are not re-entering but are entering Canada first time after getting the permanent residency/immigration visa. So, they will apply for PR card once they enter Canada.

My parents have visited me in USA before visiting Canada via a visitor visa previously. But this time they are coming on different visa (immigration) so not sure what the rules are if they have to enter Canada from India only or they can travel/stay in betweem (USA) before entering Canada?

Thanks !

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
caparents said:
Thanks for replying. They are not re-entering but are entering Canada first time after getting the permanent residency/immigration visa. So, they will apply for PR card once they enter Canada.

My parents have visited me in USA before visiting Canada via a visitor visa previously. But this time they are coming on different visa (immigration) so not sure what the rules are if they have to enter Canada from India only or they can travel/stay in betweem (USA) before entering Canada?

Thanks !
If they are coming to visit you in the States *before* going to Canada, then sure. The only thing you must be careful about is the expiration date of their immigration visas. The visa expired on the anniversary of the medical exams or the passports expiration date, whichever comes first.
Other than that, it's fine.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
caparents said:
Hi all,

can you share the timeline please ?when did they applied and when did they get visa?