+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question re: proof of funds -- LMIA exempt work permit / International Mobility

Viago

Jan 2, 2022
I am entering Canada in a few days and applying for an LMIA-exempt permit (International Mobility) at the POE. The employer has given me all the necessary paperwork but also just told me proof of funds is probably also required. I see that as a requirement for other permits but I can't find that for this one. I have the funds required (at least at the limits listed on the express entry requirements page) but I am SUPER concerned I will not be able to get official bank docs prior to my departure. Can someone please give me an idea of whether or not this is a big hangup and what to do?

Miepi

May 11, 2022
I am entering Canada in a few days and applying for an LMIA-exempt permit (International Mobility) at the POE. The employer has given me all the necessary paperwork but also just told me proof of funds is probably also required. I see that as a requirement for other permits but I can't find that for this one. I have the funds required (at least at the limits listed on the express entry requirements page) but I am SUPER concerned I will not be able to get official bank docs prior to my departure. Can someone please give me an idea of whether or not this is a big hangup and what to do?
Dear Viago, hope you made it well? I am almost in your case (IMP,LMIA Exemption), can you please share how was your experience related to the proof of funds. I really have a concern with this.
Thanks
Simon

Viago

Jan 2, 2022
Dear Viago, hope you made it well? I am almost in your case (IMP,LMIA Exemption), can you please share how was your experience related to the proof of funds. I really have a concern with this.
Thanks
Simon
hi Simon. They never asked for it. I had printed a bunch of bank statements just in case but it wasn’t necessary.

Viago

Jan 2, 2022
it is instant. As long as you have all the required paperwork from your employer and they’ve done everything correctly on your end, you leave the airport or port of entry with the permit in hand. There’s some waiting at the airport while they process it all. For me maybe it took 20 minutes? But I landed super late, no one was waiting. And I was already in the system from studying here. Just make sure your employer is on top of it all.

Miepi

May 11, 2022
it is instant. As long as you have all the required paperwork from your employer and they’ve done everything correctly on your end, you leave the airport or port of entry with the permit in hand. There’s some waiting at the airport while they process it all. For me maybe it took 20 minutes? But I landed super late, no one was waiting. And I was already in the system from studying here. Just make sure your employer is on top of it all.
Thanks, I was asking about the IRCC online request for work permit, before you leave your country, how long was the waiting time to get the introduction letter.

Viago

Jan 2, 2022
Thanks, I was asking about the IRCC online request for work permit, before you leave your country, how long was the waiting time to get the introduction letter.
never did that or had to do that. Maybe it’s different per industry. All I had to do was bring the packet my employer gave me to the border.

Viago

Jan 2, 2022
You really should talk to your employer and/or a lawyer and don’t rely on my experience. We might have done a different process.

Reactions: Miepi