+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question about RQ

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Corazon3,

What makes you say that? Please provide facts.
Do you know many Americans who moved to Canada and you know that they are losers? How can you judge?

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I thought about Germany and Austria -- but I remember from studying in Basel (Switzerland) that a German professor who lived half an hour away across the border could only understand about 85% of the local Swiss dialect, and always spoke formal German with his colleagues; and Basel Swiss German is closer to regular German than any other dialect. I bet that there are real and noticeable differences between Austria and Germany, but that's just a guess . . .

There are probably Spanish or Caribbean countries that are pretty close, but I don't know any details of that.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Corazon3,
If we follow your logic, than many immigrants who come to Canada are losers :) because they come here for health care and other reasons.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
on-hold said:
I thought about Germany and Austria -- but I remember from studying in Basel (Switzerland) that a German professor who lived half an hour away across the border could only understand about 85% of the local Swiss dialect, and always spoke formal German with his colleagues; and Basel Swiss German is closer to regular German than any other dialect. I bet that there are real and noticeable differences between Austria and Germany, but that's just a guess . . .

There are probably Spanish or Caribbean countries that are pretty close, but I don't know any details of that.
Nah, Canada is like Mexico, probably a little better, or more like Argentina or the Soviet Union.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Dejaavu said:
That is very insulting and rude to say that.
It is, but that's why Corazon's here -- he likes to make fun of Americans, people of other races, interracial marriage, and Asians. For myself, I came here because I wanted to raise my son in a better place, and health care is part of that (it's part of being in a country that has a social compact); so his crack is true in that way, but I'm not ashamed of it.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
On-hold,

As someone who has lived in the US and married to US citizen and educated in the US, I find it funny how a lot of people make fun of Americans or US and oftentimes it is mainly cos of inferiority complex and I have noticed that in Canada as well.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Dejaavu said:
Corazon3,

I actually asked whether you lived in those countries to make comparisons? :)
O I thought you were asking on-hold. I was talking about him. He claims he studied in Swiss, Norway, UK, US, Canada, etc.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
on-hold said:
It is, but that's why Corazon's here -- he likes to make fun of Americans, people of other races, interracial marriage, and Asians. For myself, I came here because I wanted to raise my son in a better place, and health care is part of that (it's part of being in a country that has a social compact); so his crack is true in that way, but I'm not ashamed of it.
You couldn't even hold a steady job with benefits in the US. So you came to Canada for your son. At least you are honest.