+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Query regarding Manitoba PNP

naveed_ali

Mar 30, 2011
Hi All,

I have just complete my Master (2 years program) from Dalhousie University, Halifax Nova Scotia. I am planning to relocate in Manitoba for job and then apply for Manitoba PNP program. I have some confusion regarding in which class I am eligible to apply. Below are the classes mention in CIC website

A. You have been working for at least six months in Manitoba as a temporary foreign worker (with a valid temporary work permit) and your employer has offered you a full-time, long-term job.
B. As an International Student in Manitoba you have been working for at least six months (with a valid post-graduation work permit) and your employer has offered you full-time employment.
C. You have been invited to apply under a Strategic Initiative.
D. You have a strong connection to Manitoba through having family who live in the province, and you meet the following five factors.

I am confused between Class A and B. I am an international student but had complete my studies from Nova Scotia and not from Manitoba.

I hope for urgent response.

Thank You,
Naveed Ali

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
1. Don't cross-post (i.e. post the same message in 2 forums).

2. You will need a job in Manitoba to qualify for either A or B. It is clear that you are not eligible for option B as you answered it yourself (you did not complete your studies in Manitoba). After you relocate and get a job in Manitoba, you may be eligible for option A assuming you work for 6 months and receive a long term job offer.

Also consider that the MPNP considers your intent on settling in the province in sponsoring you. As such, it is useful to establish ties in the community/province so that you have people who can vouch for your settlement plan when you apply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

naveed_ali said:
Hi All,

I have just complete my Master (2 years program) from Dalhousie University, Halifax Nova Scotia. I am planning to relocate in Manitoba for job and then apply for Manitoba PNP program. I have some confusion regarding in which class I am eligible to apply. Below are the classes mention in CIC website

A. You have been working for at least six months in Manitoba as a temporary foreign worker (with a valid temporary work permit) and your employer has offered you a full-time, long-term job.
B. As an International Student in Manitoba you have been working for at least six months (with a valid post-graduation work permit) and your employer has offered you full-time employment.
C. You have been invited to apply under a Strategic Initiative.
D. You have a strong connection to Manitoba through having family who live in the province, and you meet the following five factors.

I am confused between Class A and B. I am an international student but had complete my studies from Nova Scotia and not from Manitoba.

I hope for urgent response.

Thank You,
Naveed Ali
You would fall into A, when/if you complete 6 months work in Manitoba.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Hello fellow Tiger and welcome to the Dalhousie Alumni family. :D :p

What about the Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program? They are making efforts to retain their graduates.

There is the international graduate stream where you need a full-time, permanent job offer from an established employer in Nova Scotia, preferably for a skilled job (NOC level O, A or B). You are eligible to apply after working for at least 3 consecutive months. More info: http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns/international-graduate

There is also the Canadian Experience Class - graduate stream, where you need at least 12 months of full-time skilled work experience or the full-time equivalent if you work part-time(at least 1950hrs). More info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

jason214

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
AOR Received.
19-02-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I once applied for MPNP under Category A, after I worked for more than six months in winnipeg, manitoba. I've been refused the application because I haven't demonstrated the strong tie to Manitoba according to their letter. In addition, the formal appeal was refused too.

I'm from another province where I went to school for two years and where brother lives. You may want to contact MPNP and ask what kind of action should be taken to prove your intention to stay in manitoba forever.
When in comes to MPNP, retention seems to be a big deal.

I'm preparing for CEC now.
Good luck