+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***URGENT*** Protected Person Adding Spouse on PR application

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
bilallz said:
Hello everyone,

I have one question, i am protected person in canada and i want to add my wife in my PR application , she is british citizen and on study permit here in canada right now and due to some problems she cant continue her studies so what should i do to add her now while on a student status or laters when she will be converted on visitor status ?? is there any complications associated with this ?? when i did asylum here i showed her as an alternate to blood relative.

Please guide me what to do to avoid any delays in getting her PR.
1) what do you mean by "when i did asylum here i showed her as an alternate to blood relative" wasn't you married to her at that time???

2) if you have your PR application in process then you have no option related to "when to add her" she must be added to your application as soon as possible otherwise you may face serious problems related to your own PR application.

3) you can simply inform cic about your wife and update your forms (that she is your Accompanying family member) send all her information, prove ofyour marriage, her documents, identity etc and Pay her PR fee.

4) in case you choose not mention her in your PR application: in such a case you will face serious issues and you will never be able to sponsor her in future.

5) About her status: it doesn't matter with what status she is living here right now. as long as she is with a legal status (student or visitor status) it is fine. once added in your application she can change her status.

hope it helps