Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Hi all,

I lost my original IELTS document during theft in apartment. I don't have original...what I submitted was a scanned printout for the citizenshp application. Can someone tell me, what I can bring as language proof as the Original Document is no longer with me also, the Original IELTS Test Results can't be requested from IELTS center.

Please advise what I should do /say while attending the test ? Also, do they take interview/all documents during the test/interview ?

Thanks
Aries

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi all,

I lost my original IELTS document during theft in apartment. I don't have original...what I submitted was a scanned printout for the citizenshp application. Can someone tell me, what I can bring as language proof as the Original Document is no longer with me also, the Original IELTS Test Results can't be requested from IELTS center.

Please advise what I should do /say while attending the test ? Also, do they take interview/all documents during the test/interview ?

Thanks
Aries
Do you have any other language proof listed in the instruction guide like degrees, diplomas, transcripts, etc from an English Medium School or University ? If I were you, I would take those instead.

Most applicants here weren't even asked to present the originals of the language proof during the interview. I think if you converse fluently, you should be fine. But best to be prepared for anything, so take alternative documents as well as a photocopy of your IETLS. Good luck

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

Thanks
Aries
If you have any other of the types of proof IRCC lists as acceptable (a completed LINC class, or a diploma or certificate from a program that was taught in English; the complete list is at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language) then that's the obvious route to go.

They may be willing to accept the scanned printout on its own, when you explain that you no longer have the original because of a theft.
They may be willing to accept the scanned printout, together with a police statement about the theft.

You may not be asked to show any proof at all, if the Citizenship Officer considers your English to be fluent enough. I would not rely on being lucky, though, so take whatever documents you do have with you.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
If you have any other of the types of proof IRCC lists as acceptable (a completed LINC class, or a diploma or certificate from a program that was taught in English; the complete list is at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language) then that's the obvious route to go.

They may be willing to accept the scanned printout on its own, when you explain that you no longer have the original because of a theft.
They may be willing to accept the scanned printout, together with a police statement about the theft.

You may not be asked to show any proof at all, if the Citizenship Officer considers your English to be fluent enough. I would not rely on being lucky, though, so take whatever documents you do have with you.

Hi..I have my original degree in English but I have only Photocopy of IELTS written in 2010. Do I need to carry sealed transcript also of my Degree ? I submitted only the IELTS as proof of language for my application and not photocopy of degree & transcript. Please advice

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi..I have my original degree in English but I have only Photocopy of IELTS written in 2010. Do I need to carry sealed transcript also of my Degree ? I submitted only the IELTS as proof of language for my application and not photocopy of degree & transcript. Please advice
If you have the original degree, that should be good enough along with a photocopy of IELTS. Transcripts are not required in this case.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
If you have the original degree, that should be good enough along with a photocopy of IELTS. Transcripts are not required in this case.
If they ask me about the original IELTS document, shall I tell them I lost in theft and provide them the copy police report given in usa..as I lost my passport also that time. ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
If they ask me about the original IELTS document, shall I tell them I lost in theft and provide them the copy police report given in usa..as I lost my passport also that time. ?
Yes, it's best to take the police report with you. I'd be more worried about losing the passport than language proof. Do you have a photocopy (preferably colored) of all the pages of the lost passport ?

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Yes, it's best to take the police report with you. I'd be more worried about losing the passport than language proof. Do you have a photocopy (preferably colored) of all the pages of the lost passport ?
Pretty much for my Citizenship process it's the new passport,,I lost it in 2012..so I have new passport already..But don't have original IELTS document. I did requested my degree also. As it was also lost..but I requested it and other documents that I could remember that I lost at that time.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
What kind of degree in English? Bring the original of that. Anything from a school, university...something that you have completed and that was taught in English should suffice.