+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing for Grant of Citizenship timeline

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
not sure what you are talking about exactly.
how does Canadian passport allow you to meet the requirement but the passport from your original country doesn't? That's what I was taking about. Unless you are from North Korea, in which case, I fully support your request

Last edited:

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
Ok. A friend of mine who did medicine had an international residency. But your response leads me to asking, if it has nothing to do with your citizenship why are you requesting urgent processing?
Lol. Nothing to do with Citizenship as nothing to do with the process of or requirement for getting Canadian Citizenship. Of course I want to get my Canadian Citizenship faster, hence I applied to be urgently processed.

All the other irrelevant questions won't be answered so save your time. I will post my timeline regardless so sit back and enjoy the show.

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
how does Canadian passport allows you to meet the requirement but the passport from your original country doesn't? That's what I was taking about. Unless you are from North Korea, in which case, I fully support your request
How do you have so much time to worry about other people's business? Unless you are unemployed, in which case, go get a job.

Reactions: zardoz

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Irrelevant to this thread, not sure why you

Lol. We'll see. Not sure why you guys are so pissy about it.
nobody is 'pissy' about anything, just found it funny that you believed your situation can justify 'urgent' processing.
Someone I know also requested urgent processing since she had an internship in Europe and needed passport for work visa - sounds just like your story - and got denied

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
How do you have so much time to worry about other people's business? Unless you are unemployed, in which case, go get a job.
haha, I have a great job and I am enjoying my tea break at my job at the moment, that's why I can come in and see whatever nonsensical excuses people are making up to get ahead of others and laugh about it -- and don't get my wrong, I don't 'worry' about your business at all, it is not worth my energy, I just comment on it like you asked for

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
nobody is 'pissy' about anything, just found it funny that you believed your situation can justify 'urgent' processing.
Someone I know also requested urgent processing since she had an internship in Europe and needed passport for work visa - sounds just like your story - and got denied
Nice, great news, super encouraging, good to know. Thanks for sharing mate.

Just to point out, "your friend" has a different circumstance - internship in Europe. Is that a Canadian school? No. Is that a Canadian job offer that requires citizenship? No.

I'll post my timeline once I get the AOR. So don't you worry about it :rolleyes: Best luck to you, as you obviously need some positive energy ;)

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
haha, I have a great job and I am enjoying my tea break at my job at the moment, that's why I can come in and see whatever nonsensical excuses people are making up to get ahead of others and laugh about it -- and don't get my wrong, I don't 'worry' about your business at all, it is not worth my energy, I just comment on it like you asked for
Nice! Good job mate. Happy for you :) What an exciting life :D

Last edited:

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
Lol. Nothing to do with Citizenship as nothing to do with the process of or requirement for getting Canadian Citizenship. Of course I want to get my Canadian Citizenship faster, hence I applied to be urgently processed.

All the other irrelevant questions won't be answered so save your time. I will post my timeline regardless so sit back and enjoy the show.
Lol! okay. You're funny, I like it. Good luck on your journey. Let us know how it goes.

scorpio_g

Sep 12, 2017
Good luck @pretoria11 :) I hope they process your citizenship as soon as possible! And I am pretty sure that if there is a valid case, they will take it into consideration

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
The pros of applying under urgent processing is even if not approved under urgent processing it will reach an officer for review within couple of days of reaching the mail room. If luck favors it may be just be issued an AOR.

The disadvantage is if not approved for urgent processing can delay the application as it is out of process flow of the system and should go back to the normal processing and may have to go back to end of the line.

Reactions: zardoz

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
The pros of applying under urgent processing is even if not approved under urgent processing it will reach an officer for review within couple of days of reaching the mail room. If luck favors it may be just be issued an AOR.

The disadvantage is if not approved for urgent processing can delay the application as it is out of process flow of the system and should go back to the normal processing and may have to go back to end of the line.
Exactly how I see it.

Reactions: scorpio_g

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
Hi Pretoria11, my wife also applied Urgent Grant citizenship week ago as she had job offer which will involve intensive Canada-USA land border crossing and her passport from her country of origin will expire in 2 months(no question to apply for USA visa even) but she did applied for the renewal 3 moths ago ,however that will take 8-11 months processing time . she sent proof of job offer stating she needs canadian passport, proof she applied for her current passport renewal