+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - citizenship certificate

GrandeAmericano

Feb 17, 2016
Hi, I'm about to take the Oath in a few weeks and planning to request for urgent processing of the certificate once I receive the invitation email.

Is the flight ticket(with proof of payment) sufficient for making the request?

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: SALOK

nari_onyx

Jun 30, 2017
Hi, I'm about to take the Oath in a few weeks and planning to request for urgent processing of the certificate once I receive the invitation email.

HI @GrandeAmericano , I am also having the same situation, planning to come to Canada to attend the Oath and leave after 10 days (I am on a long-term international assignment). Did you find info about whether the air ticket is sufficient for making a request for urgent processing of a citizenship certificate?

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016

As someone who still waiting for the certificate after 8 weeks, Yes, 100% ask for urgent processing, not sure if they ask for proof, they just say are you travelling in the next 45 days, just say you travelling next week, there are sites you can book your ticket with cancellation option.

Reactions: snoopyta

BGW-MTL

Jul 1, 2022
As someone who still waiting for the certificate after 8 weeks, Yes, 100% ask for urgent processing, not sure if they ask for proof, they just say are you travelling in the next 45 days, just say you travelling next week, there are sites you can book your ticket with cancellation option.
yes --- oath May 12 so more thank 7 weeks --and no any update --

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016

Hey did you ask for urgent processing and did you receive the certificate ? Thank you