+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, we can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the instructions.

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

*If you have already submitted an application for a search of the citizenship records or to renounce Canadian citizenship and now need urgent processing, when filling out the Web form, please:

• Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Roya, agent 4879
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
May i ask, after how many days did you receive this email after your webform application?
Thanks

nisargbhatt30

Nov 12, 2020
Hello all,
I have applied for UP after I got my AOR, and they have responded back saying that the file has been transferred to the local office.
My question is that, does anyone know the current time frame for Mississauga office? Is there a way to speed up the processing time?

Also , what will be my next steps as it still shows In Process in ECAS.

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
May i ask, after how many days did you receive this email after your webform application?
Thanks
I assume this is a reply to my inquiry if my UP request submitted WITH my initial application was accepted as urgent or not.

I was waiting for more than 2 weeks for the rep,y and i decide to request Urgent Processing through the webform again with all supporting documents.

Thus I am not 100% sure if this is the first or the second inquiry reply.

Hope that was clear.

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
I got my test invite today!

Received on December 21 2020, never got my AOR but went to in process on January 5th, in Vancouver.

TEST START DATE: 2021-02-22 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TEST END DATE: 2021-03-14 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
Congrats bud!

Reactions: Gemini020

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
Good day to everyone,

I would like to ask your opinion as I am not sure whether I am qualified for urgent processing or not. My application was received on March 4, 2020, AOR on Aug 25, 2020, In Process on November 23, 2020. I am a flight attendant for a Canadian based airline company and currently furloughed "inactive status" due to COVID. However, depending on the COVID situation, I maybe recalled anytime soon. As a condition of employment, I need to have a valid Canadian travel document because I'll be going in and out of Canada to perform my job. With the current delays in the citizenship processing, there is no definite timeframe for the processing period. I can provide supporting documents such as company id, Transport Canada security clearance ID, latest paystub etc...

Thank you!

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Good day to everyone,

I would like to ask your opinion as I am not sure whether I am qualified for urgent processing or not. My application was received on March 4, 2020, AOR on Aug 25, 2020, In Process on November 23, 2020. I am a flight attendant for a Canadian based airline company and currently furloughed "inactive status" due to COVID. However, depending on the COVID situation, I maybe recalled anytime soon. As a condition of employment, I need to have a valid Canadian travel document because I'll be going in and out of Canada to perform my job. With the current delays in the citizenship processing, there is no definite timeframe for the processing period. I can provide supporting documents such as company id, Transport Canada security clearance ID, latest paystub etc...

Thank you!
Hi,

If you can provide evidence to IRCC then your request could be accepted. Give it a try!

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
Hi,

If you can provide evidence to IRCC then your request could be accepted. Give it a try!
Sookie85,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'll be providing documents/evidence that I have right now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Here is my situation:

Myself and wife both are June 2019 applicants, we received our citizenship test on 20 January 2020 and we both cleared the test with 20/20 marks. We both were interviewed on the same day -Jan 20,2020 and thought that we might get oath soon but then Covid happened and things started getting delayed. We didn't get oath invite till October 2020 and then I started sending them case specific inquiry but in vain. They were just replying with standard reply that delayed due to covid .In the meantime I was offered a job in USA so I sent webform for urgent processing and the reason I gave them was fake (federal job).I got oath request but again twist in the story-Only myself got an oath invite but not for my wife.
Now the scenario is I have become Canadian citizen in November 2020 and moved to USA and still waiting for oath for my wife and she is in Canada.

Our Visa office is Edmonton. We have sent them a number of case specific inquiry but they are just sending std. reply that process is delayed due to covid.

Experts please advise -what can be done. Last time my wife sent a case specific inquiry stating that husband moved to USA for job so requested to approve oath but again same std.reply.

Thanks,
This is the definition of Karma. You will need to wait until her case has been selected for the oath. Now that it has become clear that you lied about needing UP because you were applying for a federal job that required citizenship you can’t expect for sympathy from IRCC and an attempt to schedule an oath for your spouse ASAP.

Reactions: Gemini020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
O'Canada I am very interested to apply for Federal jobs. However, when I saw that only citizens can apply then I just back off. Could you please let me know (via inbox) what's the procedure to apply while citizenship application is in process ?
Not all federal jobs require citizenship. Would include proof of what exact job you are applying for and proof that the job makes sense based on your education and work history.

Reactions: michel_hammamet

palak.pandya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi, wanted to check on how family applications are processed as UP? I might qualify for urgent processing, but will be applying with my family? Will they process my spouse and kid's application as urgent as well or just mine?

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Hi, wanted to check on how family applications are processed as UP? I might qualify for urgent processing, but will be applying with my family? Will they process my spouse and kid's application as urgent as well or just mine?
Hi,.
If you send your family app. in the same envelope, they will process it for the whole family.

Reactions: blingyrie

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Good day to everyone,

Thank you!
How have you been performing that job before? Why do you need citizenship now but not previously? I'd think that's a big part of their consideration.

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
Hi Guys, just quick question, when application goes to “in process” what does that mean?
Does that mean background checks and criminality etc is done and file is transferred to LVO for further checks and test invites?
Please advise

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hi Guys, just quick question, when application goes to “in process” what does that mean?
Does that mean background checks and criminality etc is done and file is transferred to LVO for further checks and test invites?
Please advise
There is most likely chance your file is in Transit from Sydney to local office and simultaneously background checks are initiated along with Security checks.
This is one if the stage it takes time to complete

Like @Gatineau2020 mentioned you need to check with IRCC agent if checks are initiated or Completed . This will give a idea about your status

Reactions: HarmanSingh1313