+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Today is a sad 1 year anniversary of my "We started processing your application" so I called CIC and they actually told me that today, because it's been a year, my background check has expired which triggered me to submit an urgent processing form.
How long do you think it will take to process a new background check? Since I expect they don't accept my case as urgent :(

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Today is a sad 1 year anniversary of my "We started processing your application" so I called CIC and they actually told me that today, because it's been a year, my background check has expired which triggered me to submit an urgent processing form.
How long do you think it will take to process a new background check? Since I expect they don't accept my case as urgent :(
I really think you should be patient. There is a huge amount of backlog at IRCC, many end of 2018/early 2019 applicants are all waiting for updates. I understand your frustration that you want to get your citizenship ASAP, we all want to. But based on their update, they are still handling application from early March 2019, and the tracker shows Nov 2019 is only at 3% completion. Patience is a virtue. I'm not judging you in any way, it's just we are all equally frustrated at IRCC's lack of efficiency.

Criminality checks expire after 1 year while security expires after 4 years. Criminality generally takes much shorter to complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: wstrn24

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
I really think you should be patient. There is a huge amount of backlog at IRCC, many end of 2018/early 2019 applicants are all waiting for updates. I understand your frustration that you want to get your citizenship ASAP, we all want to. But based on their update, they are still handling application from early March 2019, and the tracker shows Nov 2019 is only at 3% completion. Patience is a virtue.

Criminality checks expire after 1 year while security expires after 4 years. Criminality generally takes much shorter to complete.
Thanks for your answer! Again, I absolutely understand there are other applicants from 2018 and 2019 in the same situation and that's exactly what I told them in my request. They should really not touch any online applicants from late 2020 and early 2021 at all and spend 100% of their time on 2018 and 2019.

Reactions: mirko.alilovic

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
The above process is based on my experience with Urgent Processing Request. Make sure you are in Canada before writing the test.

Citizenship Test (oral)
================
And don't try to cheat during the exam. The exam is easy no to worry much . Even if you fail , you were given one more chance to write .
Failing in second attempt leads to case officer interviewing you about Canadian history

I had Citizenship test yesterday using Microsoft Teams, Citizenship officer ( You can see Video))) along with 3 others ( Video is not shared) are present .
Exam is Oral and they shared the screen and you need to respond to one of the right answer. ( A,B,C and D) .
Time allotted: 30 Mins
You were given time to review the questions if needed back and forth.
Once you are confident about your answers, you can request for submission. The result will be shared right away and the number of Questions Correct will be disclosed.

Interview Process
============
Depends on the Applicant. But Be prepared with

1. When is the time you first arrived in Canada .
  2. When is the last time you left Canada
  3. Your Family Details
  4. Your job , what are you doing
  5. Have any of the ID Cards ready. Its a must to be shown ( Passport, Health Card, Driving License)
  6. Any recent changes or updates on Criminal Records which you want case officer know
  7. Reason For Urgent Application Request ( Will be asked if your application is processes under Urgent Request)
  8. Any questions you want to ask Case Officer.
Thanks for the details. you mentioned below -

Citizenship officer ( You can see Video))) along with 3 others

who are the 3 others? are they also taking the test? if so, how does the Citizenship officer manage all 4 of them at same time?

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
I just got my status changed into In Process. As I gather urgent request eligibility is first assessed after the satus changed into In Process by the local officer. Is my guess correct?

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Thanks for the details. you mentioned below -

Citizenship officer ( You can see Video))) along with 3 others

who are the 3 others? are they also taking the test? if so, how does the Citizenship officer manage all 4 of them at same time?
They are Ircc training agents. Part of the meeting.
Again this is not standard , this process will keep change from applicant to applicant.
Not every local office will go through the steps. It depends upon the case officer .

Mr305

Jan 26, 2018
Good Afternoon guys, I have a question. Can a protected person In canada apply for urgent processing of citizenship ,as his father from his home country is seriously ill. He is going to have a heart surgery he want to see his father. This person is holding Canadian Refugee travel document. According to Canadian immigration law He can not go back to his home country until he get his Canadian passport. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Good Afternoon guys, I have a question. Can a protected person In canada apply for urgent processing of citizenship ,as his father from his home country is seriously ill. He is going to have a heart surgery he want to see his father. This person is holding Canadian Refugee travel document. According to Canadian immigration law He can not go back to his home country until he get his Canadian passport. Thanks.
1. Not a good idea, you claimed refugee status against a country that you had a fear of returning to, and now you want citizenship so you can return to the regime that was oppressing you.

Mr305

Jan 26, 2018
The reason of urgent processing is not Regime . The reason is serious family illness which he might not see his father again.
once you got the citizenship you have freedom of living anywhere in the world.this is canadian charter rights and freedoms.

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Just want to share some updates on my side, just called IRCC again. Very impolite agent (don't really want to share those words to discourage anyone) but she provided me some very valuable information. I did the test on the 19th and the system is showing "PASSED" on their side. I asked if my background checks are completed, and she said "almost", I would assume it's the criminality check since according to my ATIP notes they expired 7 months ago. I also asked her if my file is considered "non-routine" or if there is anything slowing down my file, and she said no everything looks perfectly in order and I should expect some updates very soon.

In addition I requested urgent processing on the 21st and they acknowledged on the 3rd. She confirmed that the request is now attached to my file and they are just waiting for an officer at the local office to approve it. And I should call back in a few days to see if there is any update.

Well, although a very unhappy beginning but she provided me some valuable information, better than "your file is in process" and said nothing else when I previously called. I appreciate her efforts regardless.

Everything is in my timeline.
Good to know that you are very close to the finish line. But man.... your stats why there is taht long wait between in Progress and Test invite.. really long wait....

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Today I called IRCC. The agent told me that my request for Urgent Processing is attached to my file. Then I asked if it has been accepted. She kept me on hold and then said yes my request and provided information has been verified and I should be patient. Does this mean my request has been accepted?

Reactions: michel_hammamet

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Today I called IRCC. The agent told me that my request for Urgent Processing is attached to my file. Then I asked if it has been accepted. She kept me on hold and then said yes my request and provided information has been verified and I should be patient. Does this mean my request has been accepted?
I would take that as a yes.

Reactions: salmbagjaf