+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I asked for urgent processing through IRCC calgary . They did not respond to the email Usually they respond by sending their generic bla bla . Has anyone requested urgent processing through the local office . Thanks
Rocky79, Actually Urgent Processing request has to be sent through webform incase if you didn't request urgent request at the time of sending your application.

Make sure you provided the required documents through webform after 10 days they will reply back about your status .

Reactions: RoseDB

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
I applied with a request for urgent processing (employment reasons) and it doesn't seem to make any difference right now. Pretty much every application is on hold pending citizenship tests becoming available again.

It's idiotic, the tests are a complete waste of everyone's time. The pragmatic thing would be an act of parliament to remove the need for both tests and ceremonies. They are completely pointless.

My latest:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 2, 2020.
I don't see this getting resolved any time soon. I contacted my MP and received no reply.

Reactions: rubz9911 and tazbed

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
I applied with a request for urgent processing (employment reasons) and it doesn't seem to make any difference right now. Pretty much every application is on hold pending citizenship tests becoming available again.

It's idiotic, the tests are a complete waste of everyone's time. The pragmatic thing would be an act of parliament to remove the need for both tests and ceremonies. They are completely pointless.

My latest:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 2, 2020.
I don't see this getting resolved any time soon. I contacted my MP and received no reply.
Why even send in any application? They can just make us automatic citizens from our dates of landing, the whole app process is pointless eh!

Reactions: rubz9911

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Did anyone received Finger Print request?

Do we receive before the test or after the test ?

How to expedite the process incase we receive the Finger print Request?
It is received well before test. Lots of RCMP accredited Finger print agencies are there. They do digital finger prints and send it to RCMP and once RCMP done the background checking, they will send the report directly to IRCC.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
It is received well before test. Lots of RCMP accredited Finger print agencies are there. They do digital finger prints and send it to RCMP and once RCMP done the background checking, they will send the report directly to IRCC.
thank you very much

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Rocky79, Actually Urgent Processing request has to be sent through webform incase if you didn't request urgent request at the time of sending your application.

Make sure you provided the required documents through webform after 10 days they will reply back about your status .
Thanks . I have sent the web form .

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Why even send in any application? They can just make us automatic citizens from our dates of landing, the whole app process is pointless eh!
I think that's probably true in many cases. If your path to permanent residence includes background checks, language tests, medical exams, etc, etc, then why not just make it automatic? The government knows when you've spent a sufficient number of days in the country, the whole thing could be automated.

The only caveat might be that some people wouldn't want automatic citizenship (e.g. people from countries which don't allow dual citizenship)

Reactions: rubz9911

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Anyone with urgent request recieved any updates on your file after status changed to In Process ??

- any finger print request?
- Any in person or virtual : interview /Test ?

Interested to know how IRCC is taking steps for urgent request during this time

Reactions: harirajmohan

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Anyone with urgent request recieved any updates on your file after status changed to In Process ??

- any finger print request?
- Any in person or virtual : interview /Test ?

Interested to know how IRCC is taking steps for urgent request during this time
Any update??

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called IRCC today and latest update for the application is status " In Process " .

He said background checks are going on .

I haven't yet to receive any finger print request.

And he said they are also not sure when the tests will re-evaluate open.

Let's call them every week to know the status and any plans for expediting our request
ya very interesting as I don’t see how they will do tests (online or offline) there are people waiting since March/May 2019 and congrats on the new job you don’t have to tell what is to randos on the internet..

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020

Hello so i sent the web form about 10 days ago . I got a mail today saying they have sent my request to the processing officer for consideration . Anyone applied and used the web form what was the response .

Reactions: O'canada

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello so i sent the web form about 10 days ago . I got a mail today saying they have sent my request to the processing officer for consideration . Anyone applied and used the web form what was the response .
So I just want to know If that is the usual response to web form processing of urgent request