+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hello so i sent the web form about 10 days ago . I got a mail today saying they have sent my request to the processing officer for consideration . Anyone applied and used the web form what was the response .
Hi Rocky
Initially I applied as Normal after receiving my AOR, I applied through webform to consider my Request for " Urgent processing"

I got the same reply like you. And after 15 days I received my status to In Process and I called the IRCC if it was considered or not ?
He didn't confirm but mentioned it was put on the file.
I hope it was considered based on the supporting documents you provided to them

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Rocky
Initially I applied as Normal after receiving my AOR, I applied through webform to consider my Request for " Urgent processing"

I got the same reply like you. And after 15 days I received my status to In Process and I called the IRCC if it was considered or not ?
So how long have you applied for urgent processing

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
So how long have you applied for urgent processing
Ist of Oct. I emailed ircc calgary
They sent me an email saying they might start online testing end of October that I should check back for update
So when I did later in the month they said it would be delayed .
Hi Rocky

I called this morning and I was told it was approved for urgent processing . I dont know if anyone has received any test

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
They sent me an email saying they might start online testing end of October that I should check back for update

I called this morning and I was told it was approved for urgent processing . I dont know if anyone has received any test
Congrats on your Approval

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris

Congrats. What was the reason for urgent processing if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Congrats. What was the reason for urgent processing if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
It can be any reasons..

May be it ( Copied below from the Link)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html
have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
It can be any reasons..

May be it ( Copied below from the Link)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html
have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
I know these reasons..... and they are very generic. Just wanted to see any more details for each particular case. For instance anyone can send urgent application for "apply for a job". Just wondering what they consider an urgency . If you are just going to apply even if to be a Canadian citizen is a pre-requisite, does it count. I have been waiting for one job which requires to be a Canadian Citizen on the moment of application. Not sure if it can be considered as urgent. Hence my ask... :)

Reactions: visitingprof

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I know these reasons..... and they are very generic. Just wanted to see any more details for each particular case. For instance anyone can send urgent application for "apply for a job". Just wondering what they consider an urgency . If you are just going to apply even if to be a Canadian citizen is a pre-requisite, does it count. I have been waiting for one job which requires to be a Canadian Citizen on the moment of application. Not sure if it can be considered as urgent. Hence my ask... :)
I sent PM

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
So if you need citizenship for employment reason, you can apply with urgency? I work for government too and can only get a casual position (90 days a year) but they want to hire me permanently. Would that be reason for urgent application?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
So if you need citizenship for employment reason, you can apply with urgency? I work for government too and can only get a casual position (90 days a year) but they want to hire me permanently. Would that be reason for urgent application?
I will try to request urgent processing if I were you. You will need to prove to them you need citizenship to get a full-time job. you are already with the government your chances are high. Good luck!

Rocky79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
I will try to request urgent processing if I were you. You will need to prove to them you need citizenship to get a full-time job. you are already with the government your chances are high. Good luck!
But what would IRCC do even if they approve the urgent processing. They are not organising any test now

Reactions: Taha786

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
This is way to generic. Everybody would do it then. There should be some proof for the urgent processing.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Thank you, I didn't realize this was an option!