+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Did the test as well. UP application . Hopefully Ceremony soon. BG is completed and file transferred to local office. Is the ceremony virtual these days? Do they give you the certificate right away? Thanks

Last edited:

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey guys, just checked my online tracker and noticed that BG is completed on Oct 20, 2022.
After this i got my first GU (after Oct 8) on Oct 21, 2022.
Applied online in March 2022.
AOR is April 19, 2022.

Can anyone please advise how long would it take to get the test invitation?

Husseinwahab

Sep 9, 2022
Dear all

i sent webform request for urgent processing of my citizenship application regarding serious illness related to my father in my back country. I did and passed the test on July 2022

The request has been sent on 3rd october 2022 and today 24th october 2022 i received the following detail via email:

Please can anybody let me know what does this means please

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can process applications for citizenship urgently insome cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

*If you have already submitted an application for a search of citizenship records, to resume or to renounce your Canadian citizenship, when filling out the Web form, please:

• Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu underType of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hey guys, just checked my online tracker and noticed that BG is completed on Oct 20, 2022.
AOR is April 19, 2022.

I think a week to a few days.
Congrats btw! Yours was an urgent application or normal?
Also what office?

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
@sentraj any updates? It’ll be a month in the next few days. Wondering how much time it takes after test and background completion to get the next update. It seems like our next update might come along with other January candidates as normal processing.

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
@sentraj any updates? It’ll be a month in the next few days. Wondering how much time it takes after test and background completion to get the next update. It seems like our next update might come along with other January candidates as normal processing.
I wrote January because that’s when I applied. Forgot you may have applied in a different month

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all

i sent webform request for urgent processing of my citizenship application regarding serious illness related to my father in my back country. I did and passed the test on July 2022

The request has been sent on 3rd october 2022 and today 24th october 2022 i received the following detail via email:

Please can anybody let me know what does this means please

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can process applications for citizenship urgently insome cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

*If you have already submitted an application for a search of citizenship records, to resume or to renounce your Canadian citizenship, when filling out the Web form, please:

• Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu underType of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.
If you haven‘t included proof of illness and a detailed description of why you need citizenship to visit you should fill in the information. Unless you are a protected person there would be nothing preventing you from visiting your father as a PR.

Reactions: gehaif

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
AOR is April 19, 2022.

Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

I am scheduled for citizenship test between October 31, 2022 - November 21, 2022.

I am currently outside Canada. Kindly advise what should i do next? Should i tell them that i am outside Canada and will be taking the test from outside Canada? If yes, who should i get in touch with? Should I contact them via call or via web form?

Your comments are highly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

I am scheduled for citizenship test between October 31, 2022 - November 21, 2022.

I am currently outside Canada. Kindly advise what should i do next? Should i tell them that i am outside Canada and will be taking the test from outside Canada? If yes, who should i get in touch with? Should I contact them via call or via web form?

Your comments are highly appreciated.
Test can be taken from outside of Canada.