+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

m_t

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1825 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 21th, 2021
Application received: Oct 21th, 2021
AOR: Jan 13, 2022

* Citizenship Ceremony: IN PROGRESS

Updates Timeline:

July 7th, 2022:
* Ghost Update.
July 13th, 2022:
*Test Invite (no email received) / Test Window: July 18 -August 8
*Fingerprints Required
July 14th, 2022:
* Got email with the test details.
* Fingerprints Submitted
Aug 1st, 2022:
*Citizenship Test submitted
Aug 4th, 2022:
*Citizenship Test marked as Completed
Aug 9th, 2022:
*Fingerprints results: Received
Aug 10th, 2022:
*Background marked as Completed
Aug 31, 2022:
* Language, Physical, Prohibitions marked as Completed
Oct 6, 2022:
* Scheduled for Citizenship Oath!
Was this urgent processing?

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
From my experience so far, if you have not applied, please go through paper route, there is no regard for online application. I have also noticed that when you request for Urgent processing before you write the citizenship test, the only thing that gets processed fast is for you to write the citizenship, after that, you will have to wait, hoping that your file gets sent to an office that processes fast, mine was sent to Scarborough. I reached out again after a month after passing the test, they told me to provide more details about why my application should be treated urgently else I should wait till they get to my file....which leads to my last finding, for the fact that your urgent processing request was accepted and you were given the opportunity to write the test fast does not mean that your urgent processing request will be accepted by the secondary processing office that your file will be sent to after passing the test

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
From my experience so far, if you have not applied, please go through paper route, there is no regard for online application. I have also noticed that when you request for Urgent processing before you write the citizenship test, the only thing that gets processed fast is for you to write the citizenship, after that, you will have to wait, hoping that your file gets sent to an office that processes fast, mine was sent to Scarborough. I reached out again after a month after passing the test, they told me to provide more details about why my application should be treated urgently else I should wait till they get to my file....which leads to my last finding, for the fact that your urgent processing request was accepted and you were given the opportunity to write the test fast does not mean that your urgent processing request will be accepted by the secondary processing office that your file will be sent to after passing the test
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Interesting analysis. May I know what was your reason of applying urgent?
I have been waiting for months for my citizenship application to move forward as I am eager to apply to some positions at the Armed forces. I was so heart broken when the recruiter confirmed that Canadian citizenship is a must to apply with CAF.
Do you think my case is an eligible situation for fast processing?
Thanks

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello,
I requested urgent processing this month. I see my background check changed to completed in less than 15 days. I have been told that my file is transferred to a local office. Does it mean they process it urgently?
Congrats, that looks really fast. Would you pls share what was the reason for your urgent processing request?

Reactions: simple2000

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi, can you direct me on how to request urgent processing. I am joining the army and needs a Canadian passport. My application is stuck since February 2022. Online application sucks. Can you show me the way on how to request urgent processing
Thanks
Hi there. Have you already applied to the army or will only be eligible to apply after becoming Canadian citizen?
My understanding is that you can only apply IF you are already a Canadian citizen. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Citizenship application status:
Type: Online
Submitted: Sep 01, 2022
UP Request sent: Sep 02, 2022
AOR: Sep 06, 2022
In Progress: Sep 07. 2022
UP Gen Response: Oct 03, 2022
Ghost update: Oct 07, 2022