+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
My citizenship status:
Type: Online
Submitted: June 13, 2022
AOR: June 21. 2022
In Progress: June 21. 2022
UP Req sent: Aug 10, 2022
UP Gen Response: Sep 2, 2022
Ghost Update1: Sep 8, 2022
Ghost Update2: Sep 9, 2022
FP Request: Sep 14, 2022
FP Sent : Sep 19, 2022
Test Invite : Sep 19, 2022 (Sep 23-Oct 13)
Test Invite Email: Sep 21, 2022 (Sep 23-Oct 13)
Test Date: Sep 25, 2022 (Passed)
BG completed: Oct 4, 2022
Awaiting on next steps

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Called IRCC today the agent told me your file is transferred to your local office, BG is completed and there is a fast movement ! but also said I don't see any note to tell it is accepted as UP. So confusing!

Applied on Sept and BG updated on Sept 15 to completed .

MBQ

Jan 31, 2015
Question guys ... what's the expected wait time when test & all other sections showing completed except Oath ( not started yet ) to getting Oath invitation? Does the area you are living in affect the wait time .. heard some waited for months

MBQ

Jan 31, 2015
Question guys ... what's the expected wait time when test & all other sections showing completed except Oath ( not started yet ) to getting Oath invitation? Does the area you are living in affect the wait time .. heard some waited for months
Anyone of you guys an answer this query ?

manu77

May 26, 2022
Anyone of you guys an answer this query ?
Yes,processing office are different with different workload but mostly after all completed and decision made..l see many people getting oath invitation within 6 weeks maximum

MBQ

Jan 31, 2015
Yes,processing office are different with different workload but mostly after all completed and decision made..l see many people getting oath invitation within 6 weeks maximum
Thanks alot .. my address is in Mississauga. After Decision Made upon UP. Can we say that urgent processing can fast track this ?

manu77

May 26, 2022
Thanks alot .. my address is in Mississauga. After Decision Made upon UP. Can we say that urgent processing can fast track this ?
"Quoting from ircc website "

The application processing times show how long it will take us to process your application for Canadian citizenship. If you think you have an emergency and won’t receive your citizenship in time, you may apply for urgent processing.

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation

IT Depend who is processing your file but ircc is not under any pressure to process your file faster even if ur urgent processing is approved becos it clearly stated on the website but with Mississauga centre probably within 4 weeks maximum you should get oath invitation after Decision Made.

Reactions: MBQ

MBQ

Jan 31, 2015
"Quoting from ircc website "

The application processing times show how long it will take us to process your application for Canadian citizenship. If you think you have an emergency and won’t receive your citizenship in time, you may apply for urgent processing.

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation

IT Depend who is processing your file but ircc is not under any pressure to process your file faster even if ur urgent processing is approved becos it clearly stated on the website but with Mississauga centre probably within 4 weeks maximum you should get oath invitation after Decision Made.
Many thanks Manu

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
Hey All,

I’ve got a unique situation that I’d like the experts insights on. I’ve recently applied for Canadian citizenship urgent processing and I’m already a dual citizen (excluding Canadian).

My situation is that I work in the automotive industry and I’ve been advised by my boss that my company might start reducing its workforce due to economic downturn a few months back. So I started applying for positions in Ontario and Michigan. Given that there are much more jobs available in Michigan, I managed to get a job there (unfortunately similar jobs don’t exist in canada). My employer worked with me and I applied for work visa there after I submitted my Canadian citizenship application. To my employer’s lawyers surprise, my application got put into something called administrative processing after the visa got approved by the consul.

anyways, the application has been stuck at that stage since June of this year and my employers’ client are becoming impatient and the job offer might get rescinded. The worst part is that now my US business visa is expiring November 1st of this year, i won’t be able to go on business for my Canadian employer that’s trying to keep me by moving me to a different department that deals with the US (and that’s if he manages to get a head count due to the hiring and budget freeze!). You might just say… renew your visa. Well, that won’t happen as I won’t be issued any kind of US visa until my case is out of the administrative processing stage which could take a year to two in some cases… according to a congresswoman that was trying to move the process along and as my case gets sent to different agencies in the US for checks.

Due to being completely stuck and lost, my employers’ lawyers advised me to apply for urgent processing for my Canadian citizenship which I did last month. This will basically circumvent the consulate and the state department (where I’m stuck) and I can get TN visa at the boarder with a Canadian passport. Or be able to go to the US visa free if my current boss manages to get the budget needed for extra heads. As you can see, access to the US is crucial due to my work in the automotive industry and for American automakers in particular. I’d like to get your thoughts on:

- what are my chances for the UP request to be approved or denied?
- could this negatively affect my citizenship application?
- I received a weird auto reply a day after my request but nothing happened since then. Can you please let me know what does the response means?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.

If you have an application in process, you can:

Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online. The processing office will contact you if further information is needed.

For more information, you can:

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Sorry I have no idea. I haven’t seen any consistencies in the timelines that I have seen so far.
Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1825 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 21th, 2021
Application received: Oct 21th, 2021
AOR: Jan 13, 2022

* Citizenship Ceremony: IN PROGRESS

Updates Timeline:

July 7th, 2022:
* Ghost Update.
July 13th, 2022:
*Test Invite (no email received) / Test Window: July 18 -August 8