+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I was told by IRCC agent over phone few moments ago that Montreal Office is accepting Physical tests Based on the special case or Urgent Request.

Reactions: michel_hammamet

Sr44489

Nov 23, 2020
I was told by IRCC agent over phone few moments ago that Montreal Office is accepting Physical tests Based on the special case or Urgent Request.
Seems like they're saying for everyone something different
I called them an hour ago and they said that there is no test yet, even not for urgent processing

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
It seems, urgent cases may get the test invite soon as IRCC announced today that they have started the online tests.

Good luck guys and all the best!

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
My application was received May 27th 2020, AOR Oct 30th 2020, I had to request for an urgent request due to a critical illness condition for my parent which will require me to travel overseas ASAP, also I am unable to obtain a passport from my country of citizenship. I have sent the urgent request via the web form on Nov 2nd 2020, received an email on the 17th saying they have forwarded it to the appropriate officer. Today, under ECAS it shows in process as of Nov 30th 2020. Does that means they accepted it my urgent request? And what are the next steps for urgent requests? I see that they started the online tests!

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
My application was received May 27th 2020, AOR Oct 30th 2020, I had to request for an urgent request due to a critical illness condition for my parent which will require me to travel overseas ASAP, also I am unable to obtain a passport from my country of citizenship. I have sent the urgent request via the web form on Nov 2nd 2020, received an email on the 17th saying they have forwarded it to the appropriate officer. Today, under ECAS it shows in process as of Nov 30th 2020. Does that means they accepted it my urgent request? And what are the next steps for urgent requests? I see that they started the online tests!
  1. Based on your timeline, I guess they accepted your Urgent Request
  2. They will send your application to the local office once you receive the "In Process Request"
  3. Based on my Understanding again local office needs to approve your urgent request once your file reaches their office
  4. There will be a security, background checks during this stage when file status changes to In Process
  5. An E-mal will be send to the application for Finger Print Request ( Optional depends upon the Applicant )
  6. And after all the above are done you are invited Online Test Invite.
I observe there are some urgent request like you from beginning of 2020, I haven't came across yet the test invite for them

This my understanding

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
  1. Based on your timeline, I guess they accepted your Urgent Request
  2. They will send your application to the local office once you receive the "In Process Request"
  3. Based on my Understanding again local office needs to approve your urgent request once your file reaches their office
  4. There will be a security, background checks during this stage when file status changes to In Process
  5. An E-mal will be send to the application for Finger Print Request ( Optional depends upon the Applicant )
  6. And after all the above are done you are invited Online Test Invite.
I observe there are some urgent request like you from beginning of 2020, I haven't came across yet the test invite for them

This my understanding
I called CIC, according to the Agent Security check cleared, and Background check is in process. I am not sure how many days will it take? He said that after BC completion will have test invite.

He also mentioned that Urgent requests will normally take six months before Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I called CIC, according to the Agent Security check cleared, and Background check is in process. I am not sure how many days will it take? He said that after BC completion will have test invite.

He also mentioned that Urgent requests will normally take six months before Covid.
True

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi I am the same situation as you. What documents did you upload to CIC when you request urgent request? Thanks in advance.