+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
hello everyone ,
I sent my application November 5 and was received nov 9. I requested urgent processing after my application was received. This is what i got when i filled the webform:
"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office."

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
hello everyone ,
I sent my application November 5 and was received nov 9. I requested urgent processing after my application was received. This is what i got when i filled the webform:
"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office."
If you haven't received AOR till now, it simply means that your urgent request was denied by IRCC and your application is being processed on normal basis. So, expect 1-2 more months for AOR>

Reactions: houman-h

houman-h

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st:26-10-2010 2nd:10-04-2011
File Transfer...
3rd April 2012 IP: 12-06-2011
hello everyone ,

When you do not have the AOR you’re not able to use Webform and IRCC cannot find your application in their system.
You have to wait to receive your AOR, I know there is the same rule for PR renew but in case you have not received the AOR yet, you can send another new application.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
My application was received May 27th 2020, AOR Oct 30th 2020, I had to request for an urgent request due to a critical illness condition for my parent which will require me to travel overseas ASAP, also I am unable to obtain a passport from my country of citizenship. I have sent the urgent request via the web form on Nov 2nd 2020, received an email on the 17th saying they have forwarded it to the appropriate officer. Today, under ECAS it shows in process as of Nov 30th 2020. Does that means they accepted it my urgent request? And what are the next steps for urgent requests? I see that they started the online tests!
Hoe can i prove that i am unable to get a passport from my country of citizenship? What documents do i need to submit to prove that?
Thank you

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hoe can i prove that i am unable to get a passport from my country of citizenship? What documents do i need to submit to prove that?
Thank you
Communication with your country embassy stating same. That would be your biggest proof.

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Thank you
For example, any communication emails between you and your embassy! Any official letters, or if the situation is well known "for example if you are from Syria" then just explain that in your letter of directions! The officer will understand that and will ask you for more documents if needed.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
My application was received May 27th 2020, AOR Oct 30th 2020, I had to request for an urgent request due to a critical illness condition for my parent which will require me to travel overseas ASAP, also I am unable to obtain a passport from my country of citizenship. I have sent the urgent request via the web form on Nov 2nd 2020, received an email on the 17th saying they have forwarded it to the appropriate officer. Today, under ECAS it shows in process as of Nov 30th 2020. Does that means they accepted it my urgent request? And what are the next steps for urgent requests? I see that they started the online tests!
What documents did you need to send IRCC to prove your case please?

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Read the previous post post please!
I read that. I meant, did you have to submit documents to prove your parent's illness for example, blood work, MRI, things like this.
I have the same scenario and I have those docs as well, just not sure if I should upload it along with the webform.

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
I read that. I meant, did you have to submit documents to prove your parent's illness for example, blood work, MRI, things like this.
I have the same scenario and I have those docs as well, just not sure if I should upload it along with the webform.
Yes I did upload doctor's medical report and note. Make sure it's in English or translated and certified into English!
Try to attach as much as documents you can, In addition to your letter of explanation!
I called IRCC today, they told me my file is in Edmonton, and they are doing background check!
Good luck!

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Who ever requested for Urgent Citizenship there is more likely chance it will take 4 months from the date your Background, Security and Criminal checks status shows completed.
Talked to IRCC agent today. There is more likely it takes min 4 months like ..1 month test..1 month Oath. 1 month.. passport..

Just heads up on folks who requested for Urgent Citizenship. Requesting GCM notes will give idea on your file status but it is not going to help in anyway in processing your citizenship file

Getting Finger print request depends on many factors. If your name is very special there is less chances of getting finger print request

Last edited:
Reactions: nathaniel_d

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Who ever requested for Urgent Citizenship there is more likely chance it will take 4 months from the date your Background, Security and Criminal checks status shows completed.
Talked to IRCC agent today. There is more likely it takes min 4 months like ..1 month test..1 month Oath. 1 month.. passport..

Just heads up on folks who requested for Urgent Citizenship. Requesting GCM notes will give idea on your file status but it is not going to help in anyway in processing your citizenship file
How long did it take you to get the GCMS notes?

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020

Getting Finger print request depends on many factors. If your name is very special there is less chances of getting finger print request
Thank you for update. Last time, when i called they said BC is in-progress. Can we request GCMS notes? Is there any time frame to wait to request GCMS notes?

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Thank you for update. Last time, when i called they said BC is in-progress. Can we request GCMS notes? Is there any time frame to wait to request GCMS notes?
The time you requested your status by calling IRCC is more than 2 months there is more likely chance your security check will be completed.
There is likely chance the security checks takes 2 months to process . When your Security check completed ? what is your timeline ?