+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

tbafadal

Feb 26, 2013
Thank you, Hanan22! The request was mailed in alongside my application.
sorry for your loss.
Many applied for UP for some the same reasons and some got approved and some got rejected.
IRCC gets lots of requests. main thing in my opinion is support Documents and Explanation letter.

apply in the webform : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
write the explanation letter in ( Your enquiry (required) ) and let them know that there are attached files
attached the documents to support your case ( certificate, ID, why cant you travel with your origin passport)

hope this helps.

Reactions: TasmanianTiger

tbafadal

Feb 26, 2013
I am Feb 2020 applicant
here is my timeline:
Application filed : Aug 19, 2020
BK complete : Apr 19, 2021
UP applied on : Sep 09, 2021
Confirmation received on : Sep 15, 2021
Test invite : Sep 21, 2021 ( test window : Sep 27 to Oct 17 )
Test complete : Sep 27, 2021 ( PASSED 20/20)

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi All,
How to people know if their application has been or not been accepted under urgent by IRCC? A friend had submitted the application on 20th September (Online) with no updates yet and they were worried as their current passport had expired and they needed to attend school in other country or else they will lose their admission (they have already paid the full 1st sem tuition fee). First is that a valid reason, Second how do they know if their UP is accepted or not? If their UP is accepted they will decided right now so that they can pull back and ask for some refund from their college (which is very difficult as per them).
Thanks.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi All,
How to people know if their application has been or not been accepted under urgent by IRCC? A friend had submitted the application on 20th September (Online) with no updates yet and they were worried as their current passport had expired and they needed to attend school in other country or else they will lose their admission (they have already paid the full 1st sem tuition fee). First is that a valid reason, Second how do they know if their UP is accepted or not? If their UP is accepted they will decided right now so that they can pull back and ask for some refund from their college (which is very difficult as per them).
Thanks.
Call IRCC to know the status
I don't think that would a Valid reason for IRCC, i know it is for the Applicant but not for IRCC.
If accepted file will show some quick progress like quick AOR compared to the timeline and other procedures will Start in progress ASAP.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
AFAIK the mentioned reason is not sifficient but anyway they submitted the request so call the IRCC to know the outcome.

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
I asked for urgent processing 3 months ago and again, 2 weeks ago.

Today an IRCC agent confirmed that the local processing office did not make a decision on my request(s) yet. They did not refuse.

Is it normal to take 3 months to make a decision?

They also have cancelled my online citizenship test without informing me before. :(

Eventually I was invited again 4 months later and I passed.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All,
Thanks.
Not likely it will be approved. If you don't see quick movements in your file, it probably means it wasn't approved. Someone with urgent processing finished their file from submission to oath in less than 2 months.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Not likely it will be approved. If you don't see quick movements in your file, it probably means it wasn't approved. Someone with urgent processing finished their file from submission to oath in less than 2 months.
Thank you.
I will let my friend know about it. IRCCs priorities are screwed up they just want to please people world wide without caring about local people in Canada. Yeah bring 60,000 more refugees and don't process locals applications because 60k refugees impresses the world.

Reactions: QueenM93

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thank you.
I will let my friend know about it. IRCCs priorities are screwed up they just want to please people world wide without caring about local people in Canada. Yeah bring 60,000 more refugees and don't process locals applications because 60k refugees impresses the world.
Unfortunately, it's true. Canada cares more about its image at the world stage than about their own people and residents. This is a glimpse of what to expect when we become citizens in Canada.

Reactions: funloving

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Unfortunately, it's true. Canada cares more about its image at the world stage than about their own people and residents. This is a glimpse of what to expect when we become citizens in Canada.
No! You guys are wrong! It's that D-Bag of a PM. He's the problem, not Canada or Canadians.

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
As others, particularly @alex the king, have noted, odds of getting urgent processing in this scenario are NOT good . . . probably no harm in asking, but not much point in chasing down a decision since it is near certain the decision is not to expedite processing (caveat: particular details could tip the scales, but it would take more than what is reported here).

Regarding comments like: "Canada cares more about its image at the world stage than about their own people and residents. This is a glimpse of what to expect when we become citizens in Canada." Malarkey.

As an immigrant who very conscientiously and deliberately chose to relocate and establish a life in Canada, in large part because it is a country which values justice, which provides strong social support for its people (I am reminded that back when I turned 70 and was slow to make an application to get my CPP pension, in part because I still operate my own business, the government automatically enrolled me and started the payments without me asking, so I never missed a single payment), in which the members of its populace embrace and respect other people, including those who may be very different, and they do so as well as the best countries in the world, and far better than most countries in the world, I KNOW such comments are horse pucky. I first came to Canada more than a half century before I applied to be a PR, and came often over the course of the intervening half century, and by the time I became a PR I had lived in Canada as a temporary resident for nearly a decade. Never been anywhere that is perfect. No doubt, though, Canada and Canadians are about as good as it gets. Hopefully on track to get better. Most Canadians I know support that, willing to invest in making this an even better place to live, notwithstanding the terrifying difficulties looming large in today's world.

I grow rather weary of the insults so casually, so carelessly, so inconsiderately, and so utterly without cause, targeting good Canadians. Shame on you. Really, shame on those of you who engage in such unfounded derision of good Canadians.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
As others, particularly @alex the king, have noted, odds of getting urgent processing in this scenario are NOT good . . . probably no harm in asking, but not much point in chasing down a decision since it is near certain the decision is not to expedite processing (caveat: particular details could tip the scales, but it would take more than what is reported here).

Regarding comments like: "Canada cares more about its image at the world stage than about their own people and residents. This is a glimpse of what to expect when we become citizens in Canada." Malarkey.

As an immigrant who very conscientiously and deliberately chose to relocate and establish a life in Canada, in large part because it is a country which values justice, which provides strong social support for its people (I am reminded that back when I turned 70 and was slow to make an application to get my CPP pension, in part because I still operate my own business, the government automatically enrolled me and started the payments without me asking, so I never missed a single payment), in which the members of its populace embrace and respect other people, including those who may be very different, and they do so as well as the best countries in the world, and far better than most countries in the world, I KNOW such comments are horse pucky. I first came to Canada more than a half century before I applied to be a PR, and came often over the course of the intervening half century, and by the time I became a PR I had lived in Canada as a temporary resident for nearly a decade. Never been anywhere that is perfect. No doubt, though, Canada and Canadians are about as good as it gets. Hopefully on track to get better. Most Canadians I know support that, willing to invest in making this an even better place to live, notwithstanding the terrifying difficulties looming large in today's world.

I grow rather weary of the insults so casually, so carelessly, so inconsiderately, and so utterly without cause, targeting good Canadians. Shame on you. Really, shame on those of you who engage in such unfounded derision of good Canadians.
The only malarkey in these forums are your useless "horse pucky" comments. Canada can be better. Much better. Canada as it is now is a weak country, natural resources-reliant, filled with unproductive refugees. Canada doesn't care about other people. They care about its image. Canadians as people are different. They are nice people. I am talking about the politics of Canada. If it wasn't for the US, Canadians cannot sustain their current quality of life. You old idiot attack people personally in these forums with no real reason. You could have said what you said without insulting people you old useless piece of sh*t

Last edited:

tbafadal

Feb 26, 2013
I am Feb 2020 applicant
here is my timeline:
Application filed : Aug 19, 2020
BK complete : Apr 19, 2021
UP applied on : Sep 09, 2021
Confirmation received on : Sep 15, 2021
Test invite : Sep 21, 2021 ( test window : Sep 27 to Oct 17 )
Test complete : Sep 27, 2021 ( PASSED 20/20)
TEST status = COMPLETE
everything is in process

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
TEST status = COMPLETE
everything is in process
Hi -
Did you get an email from them saying we've forwarded it to the responsible office on Sep 15th?
I applied10 days ago & got an email saying that they verified my attachments & forwarded my request. Does this mean my request for UP has been accepted @rajkamalmohanram
its my birthday, hoping this IRCC unicorn pulls through :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi -
Did you get an email from them saying we've forwarded it to the responsible office on Sep 15th?
I applied10 days ago & got an email saying that they verified my attachments & forwarded my request. Does this mean my request for UP has been accepted @rajkamalmohanram
its my birthday, hoping this IRCC unicorn pulls through :)
Happy birthday!

That email just means that your UP request has been updated in the GCMS system and a decision-maker will take a look at it. You generally don't get an acknowledgement of UP approval or denial. In some cases, they call you to confirm if you'd be available for oath on a certain date (that's what happened in my case and while at it, the officer informed me that she approved my UP request and the application as a whole).

Reactions: jackbauer