+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
thanks. But I have already compeleted the test and it says COMPLETE since last week.
Today I got this update

it means that your application is being reviewed and processed at least.
You will hear from them shortly regarding the next steps. Congratulations.

by the way, may I ask what reasons you provide for urgent processing? No need to answer if you do not want to.

tbafadal

Feb 26, 2013
it means that your application is being reviewed and processed at least.
You will hear from them shortly regarding the next steps. Congratulations.

by the way, may I ask what reasons you provide for urgent processing? No need to answer if you do not want to.
Thanks.
employment

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
I can't find it either. There used to be a manual that exclusively talked about refugees applying for Canadian Citizenship. What I recall on top of my head is the following:
1) Most Citizenship applications from persons living in Canada as approved refugees are treated as non-routine.
2) You are issued a Canadian travel document that is recognized by ICAO laws internationally, so you can technically travel anywhere as long as you have the required visas to enter the foreign country.
3) Refugees applicants for Canadian Citizenship are ineligible for urgent processing requests due to the level of scrutiny required during the application process.
Shouldn't be the case anymore as I have seen refugees getting UP approved.

Last edited:

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I wrote an email to the Scarborough office and requested urgent processing of my application. This morning they replied as follows:

"
Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (
IRCC)
"

I wonder if the text in bold means anything or just a template reply.

Thanks

Reactions: raaj051

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I wrote an email to the Scarborough office and requested urgent processing of my application. This morning they replied as follows:

"
Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team
IRCC)
"

Thanks
I gather the next event is either test scheduling or Oath depending on where your application stands.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I gather the next event is either test scheduling or Oath depending on where your application stands.
of course "next event" means a test or oath (and oath for me).
My question is, is the bold text a polite saying (still endless waiting) or does it means that I will be scheduled for the immediate next event once it occurs?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I called IRCC today and they told me my Urgent processing is approved, is there a way to verify is there a way I can verify this? As IRCC agents are known to provide with incorrect details.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021

"
Dear Applicant:

Citizenship Team
IRCC)
"

Thanks
Can u please share Scarborough office email address ?

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I called IRCC today and they told me my Urgent processing is approved, is there a way to verify is there a way I can verify this? As IRCC agents are known to provide with incorrect details.
had the same experience. I called IRCC and an agent agreed to mark my application as urgent, so happy
I called IRCC two weeks later but was told that mine was not considered as urgent processing. The first agent was lying.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Did you receive an AOR for the UP before calling the IRCC? Or just called like that?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Did you receive an AOR for the UP before calling the IRCC? Or just called like that?
I applied August 2020, got my AOR Nov 2020 and applied UP Right after AOR, waited 10 months to complete background check because of fingerprint request.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
had the same experience. I called IRCC and an agent agreed to mark my application as urgent, so happy
I called IRCC two weeks later but was told that mine was not considered as urgent processing. The first agent was lying.
Agents can't mark file urgent, they have no influence on the processing whatsoever. But they can ping your citizenship officer with a message.

I was calling almost once every two weeks and today they said my file is processing urgently, so I am bit skeptical.
May be I should order GCMS Notes, but I not sure if there is detail about the urgent processing

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Agents can't mark file urgent, they have no influence on the processing whatsoever. But they can ping your citizenship officer with a message.

I was calling almost once every two weeks and today they said my file is processing urgently, so I am bit skeptical.
May be I should order GCMS Notes, but I not sure if there is detail about the urgent processing

thanks man

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I applied August 2020, got my AOR Nov 2020 and applied UP Right after AOR, waited 10 months to complete background check because of fingerprint request.
Wow, IRCC is really sleeping.