+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
I don't and it went to in process within 2ish weeks so I think they accepted it as urgent
My application was delivered on Dec. 8th, AoR Dec. 9th and in process Dec. 18th. I ordered GCMS notes to see if the there's anything regarding my request for urgent processing but could not find anything. Yesterday, I call IRCC and the rep. told me it is in process and there are no notes or mentions of urgent processing.

Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
My application was delivered on Dec. 8th, AoR Dec. 9th and in process Dec. 18th. I ordered GCMS notes to see if the there's anything regarding my request for urgent processing but could not find anything. Yesterday, I call IRCC and the rep. told me it is in process and there are no notes or mentions of urgent processing.
You don't receive much update or lines on you gcm notes as your ordered so early during your process and that too your request was urgent processing. It's better to do once BC checks are done .
  1. You will send your application to Sydney
  2. They will receive your application
  3. Check your Application status on ECAS page --> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
  4. ECAS Line 1 Shows : We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Month DD, YYYY
  5. They will acknowledge your file -AOR
  6. ECAS Line 2 Shows : We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Month DD, Year
  7. ECAS status shows - In processing ( now a days it's 2 weeks from AOR date for urgent processing). My guess here is Sydney takes less time to approve your urgent request and file goes to in processing.
  8. ECAS Line 3 Shows : We started processing your application on Month DD, YYYY
  9. Your file is sent to local office and simultaneously Background checks and security checks will start ( Back ground checks take more time and they can't fast forward these though no matter what the request is for urgent processing or normal)
  10. Your local office will receive your file from Sydney
  11. If your name is not unique they may ask you for finger print request ( otherwise NO)
  12. Local office will review your urgent request and they have to accept your urgent processing too ( important otherwise it goes normal processing).
  13. Once local office accept urgent request and BC checks done, FP done you will receive e-mail from local office about writing the test and also getting interviewed with case officer
  14. They will give only 1 week to write an interview once you responded to their email. In case you need 3 weeks to prepare and write the test like normal processing your name be added in the list and you will receive email.
  15. If you are ready within 1 week writing the test they will send ms-teams consent that you acknowledged and agreed to write the test using ms-teams
  16. You also need to signing I-94 consent form, by giving my consent to U.S. Customs and Border Protection to disclose the details of my history of arrivals and departures into the United States to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to assist IRCC in determining my citizenship eligibility.
  17. You will also be provided with letter to provide additional documents during last 5 yrs ( time since you became PR) rental agreement, receipts, employment pay stubs, record of employment, education certificates or the school you attended during that period. Your child report cards for all education institutions. Provincial health claim summary for each territory you resided.
  18. Get your Health Summary cards at the respective province you reside --> https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/health-cards.html
  19. The period you resided in each territory (entry and exit)
  20. Your passport travel history all pages ( this needs to be sent before the citizenship ship test )
  21. And finally you write the test using Microsoft Teams
  22. Followed by interview with case officer
  23. Status change to decision made
  24. And invited for Oath ceremony

Last edited:

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
You don't receive much update or lines on you gcm notes as your ordered so early during your process and that too your request was urgent processing. It's better to do once BC checks are done .
  1. You will send your application to sydney
  3. They will acknowledge your file -AOR
  4. ECAS status shows - In processing ( now a days it's 2 weeks from AOR date for urgent processing). My guess here is Sydney takes less time to approve your urgent request and file goes to in processing.
  5. Your file is sent to local loffice and simultaneously Background checks and security checks will start ( Back ground checks take more time and they can't fast forward these though no matter what the request is for urgent processing or normal)
  6. Your local office will receive your file from Sydney
  7. If your name is not unique they may ask you for finger print request ( otherwise NO)
  8. Local office will review your urgent request and they have to accept your urgent processing too ( important otherwise it goes normal processing).
  9. Once local office accept urgent request and BC checks done, FP done you will receive e-mail from local office about writing the test and also getting interviewed with case officer
  10. They will give only 1 week to write an interview once you responded to their email. In case you need 3 weeks to prepare and write the test like normal processing your name be added in the list and you will receive email.
  11. If you are ready within 1 week writing the test they will send ms-teams consent that you acknowledged and agreed to write the test using ms-teams
  12. You will also be provided with letter to provide additional documents during last 5 yrs ( time since you became PR) rental agreement, receipts, employment pay stubs, record of employment, education certificates or the school you attended during that period. Your child report cards for all education institutions. Provincial health claim summary for each territory you resided.
  13. The period you resided in each territory (entry and exit)
  14. Your passport travel history all pages ( this needs to be sent before the citizenship ship test )
  15. And finally you write the test
  16. Followed by interview with case officer
  17. Status change to decision made
  18. And invited for Oath ceremony
Wow, this is very useful. Still looks like a long process though

Reactions: O'canada

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
I planned to write my test on 5th February I received Invite letter yesterday and was given only 1 week to write the test ( Urgent Processing I choose this option ) . As I received MS-team Consent letter and also the additional document request.
Hey man. Could you update your signature so that your stats are visible. Could be really helpful for some. Thank you.

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
sure, I tried earlier but due to some reasons its not reflecting .
I am April 2020 Applicant.
  • Sent my Application as Normal Processing
  • Application Received on 14th April, 2020
  • AOR - September 11, 2020
  • Urgent Request Sent on September 23, 2020
  • In Process - October 7, 2020
  • File Received at Local Office (Montreal) - December 16, 2020
  • Invite Received - January 29, 2021
  • Test Date - February 05, 2021
Congrats on your test invite, is it online? What additional docs. are they requesting?

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Getting citizenship just to leave the country is a little unusual though right. I feel getting citizenship is a commitment to the country. Obviously there are good reasons to leave but if you already know you don't intend to stay.. I understand that some people prefer Canadian citizenship over their own to get into another country but don't think that should be a priority over all the people that do plan to stay (like you are saying. I'm just surprised so many people think to use leaving Canada for a job elsewhere as a reason for urgency)
I agree with you that its nonsense to get citizenship for the purpose of living somewhere else. However, with the pandemic there are people who need to take care of their elderly which wasnt needed before, and with the travel restrictions its not easy to return for a test then wait (or return again) for oath with all the hassles and travel restrictions applied.. some people just want the peace of mind they were working hard and waiting for in the past 5 years for their right to apply for citizenship..
Please have empathy and be mindfull of others, not everyone thinks in a selfish or opportunistic way.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
  3. Check your Application status on ECAS page --> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
  4. ECAS Line 1 Shows : We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Month DD, YYYY
  6. ECAS Line 2 Shows : We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Month DD, Year
  7. ECAS status shows - In processing ( now a days it's 2 weeks from AOR date for urgent processing). My guess here is Sydney takes less time to approve your urgent request and file goes to in processing.
  9. Your file is sent to local office and simultaneously Background checks and security checks will start ( Back ground checks take more time and they can't fast forward these though no matter what the request is for urgent processing or normal)
  11. If your name is not unique they may ask you for finger print request ( otherwise NO)
  12. Local office will review your urgent request and they have to accept your urgent processing too ( important otherwise it goes normal processing).
  13. Once local office accept urgent request and BC checks done, FP done you will receive e-mail from local office about writing the test and also getting interviewed with case officer
  14. They will give only 1 week to write an interview once you responded to their email. In case you need 3 weeks to prepare and write the test like normal processing your name be added in the list and you will receive email.
  15. If you are ready within 1 week writing the test they will send ms-teams consent that you acknowledged and agreed to write the test using ms-teams
  16. You also need to signing I-94 consent form, by giving my consent to U.S. Customs and Border Protection to disclose the details of my history of arrivals and departures into the United States to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to assist IRCC in determining my citizenship eligibility.
  17. You will also be provided with letter to provide additional documents during last 5 yrs ( time since you became PR) rental agreement, receipts, employment pay stubs, record of employment, education certificates or the school you attended during that period. Your child report cards for all education institutions. Provincial health claim summary for each territory you resided.
  18. Get your Health Summary cards at the respective province you reside --> https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/health-cards.html
  20. Your passport travel history all pages ( this needs to be sent before the citizenship ship test )
Thank you for the great post.
For the passport pages, do you need to translate them as well?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I agree with you that its nonsense to get citizenship for the purpose of living somewhere else. However, with the pandemic there are people who need to take care of their elderly which wasnt needed before, and with the travel restrictions its not easy to return for a test then wait (or return again) for oath with all the hassles and travel restrictions applied.. some people just want the peace of mind they were working hard and waiting for in the past 5 years for their right to apply for citizenship..
Please have empathy and be mindfull of others, not everyone thinks in a selfish or opportunistic way.
All I said is about getting citizenship to get a job elsewhere, family reasons are different to me

Reactions: 1+1=11

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you very much.
Yeah it's online invite. You are given two options.
  1. Agreeing for MS teams invite
  2. Or wait for the in-person test when things become normal.
Isn't the MS Teams invite for the citizenship interview? (NOTE : Citizenship interview is NOT the same as Citizenship test). Also, this MS Teams request is seen in the additional documents request only.

I don't think the citizenship test is done over MS teams.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

There is nothing in that website that suggests it is done over teams and none of the applicants have reported having to do the test using MS teams.

Here's the quote on IRCC website :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html

Due to COVID-19, we cancelled

• all in-personcitizenship tests
    • We’re now inviting some applicants to take the citizenship test online.
    • If you can’t or don’t want to do the online test, you may wait until in-person tests resume (date to be determined).

Last edited:

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
So once invited you only have a week? Any idea how to know when the invite is coming approximately?

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Isn't the MS Teams invite for the citizenship interview? (NOTE : Citizenship interview is NOT the same as Citizenship test). Also, this MS Teams request is seen in the additional documents request only.

I don't think the citizenship test is done over MS teams.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

Here's the quote on IRCC website :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html
@rajkamalmohanram. Did you wrote your Citizenship test using web browser ? If it is so please share here or any information you had will help the members here.
I am saying what I received in my Email and the attachment document .

There is nothing in that website that suggests it is done over teams and none of the applicants have reported having to do the test using MS teams.
You are redirecting this information and people get confused about what make here.

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram. Did you wrote your Citizenship test using web browser ? If it is so please share here or any information you had will help the members here.
I am saying what I received in my Email and the attachment document .

You are redirecting this information and people get confused about what make here.

Thank you
No I did not taken my citizenship test but this is common knowledge (mostly commonsense).

I call upon applicants (both urgent and regular) who have taken the citizenship test to confirm this by replying to this post, please. @O'canada thinks the online written citizenship test is done over Microsoft teams, which I think is factually incorrect because IRCC has clear instructions on how to take the test WITH SCREENSHOTS on the link I provided in my previous post .

I am sure that the written online citizenship test is NOT done over Microsoft teams. Actually, this is commonsense.

Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing software. It is certainly not a testing software. How can you take a written test on Microsoft teams ? The online citizenship test, FYI, is a 20 multiple-choice question test. IRCC has built their online testing platform to administer this test. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that online testing is done using Microsoft teams.

I would strongly recommend that you look up the link in my previous post to see how the online test should be taken (and please look at the screen shots that IRCC has provided for the online test).

I have seen the Microsoft Teams consent form on the additional documents request template. Nowhere on this additional documents request template it is mentioned that the consent is for the written online test.

The only reason why a citizenship test would be administered on Microsoft teams is when you have failed the written citizenship test and you have to take a verbal test with a citizenship official. In that case, it makes perfect sense to use Microsoft Teams for the verbal test.

The Microsoft Teams consent could be for either the virtual interview OR the virtual oath but certainly not for the written Online citizenship test.

Last edited:
Reactions: adey786

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
No I did not taken my citizenship test but this is common knowledge (mostly commonsense).

I call upon applicants who have taken the citizenship test to confirm this by replying to this post, please. @O'canada thinks the online test is done over Microsoft teams, which I think is factually incorrect because IRCC has clear instructions on how to take the test WITH SCREENSHOTS on the link I provided in my previous post .

I have been here for a while and for the most part, I do my due diligence. Yes, I have made some mistakes before but I am sure that online citizenship test is done over Microsoft teams. Actually, this is commonsense.

Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing software. It is certainly not a testing software. How can you take a written test on Microsoft teams ? The online citizenship test, FYI, is a 20 multiple-choice question test. IRCC has built their online testing platform to administer this test. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that online testing is done using Microsoft teams.

I believe you have misunderstood the content of the email. I would strongly recommend that you look up the link in my previous post to see how the online test should be taken (and please look at the screen shots that IRCC has provided for the online test).

I have seen the Microsoft Teams consent form on the additional documents request template. Nowhere on this additional documents request template it is mentioned that the consent is for online testing.

The only reason why a citizenship test would be administered on Microsoft teams is when you have failed the written citizenship test and you have to take a verbal test with a citizenship official. In that case, it makes perfect sense to use Microsoft Teams for the verbal test.

The Microsoft Teams consent could be for either the virtual interview OR the virtual oath but certainly not for the Online citizenship test.
@rajkamalmohanram
I believe we both are talking different here. If you write virtual exams happening now a days you will get an idea. Generally these are the steps
  • You first need to login MS teams , like how other online exam are taking place ( zoom, Skype and ms teams)
  • The proctor is able to see you on the ms teams through the test
  • You are redirected to web browser in writing the test .
Hope we are on same page