Interview........
looks like waived
Passport Req..
7/5/2015
VISA ISSUED...
fingers crossed
LANDED..........
fingers crossed
Are any in processing files moving at all? its been 11 months (Jan 9th to be exact) since I gave my test + interview (and passed) and I have not heard back and my file still says in process. Not sure what to do next or how long this process is supposed to take. Anyone else in this same boat?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Are any in processing files moving at all? its been 11 months (Jan 9th to be exact) since I gave my test + interview (and passed) and I have not heard back and my file still says in process. Not sure what to do next or how long this process is supposed to take. Anyone else in this same boat?
Hardly any files moving compared to pre-COVID days. Mendicino only thinks about publicity. To divert the demonstration last Saturday he conveniently announced that IRCC would start on-line testing with 1 person to my knowledge having received the invite. Not sure about your case though, but trust me they are working hard to prioritize themselves positively in the news and don't give a rat's tail about the applicants. It is all about appearance.

Cc_sk

Jan 29, 2015
Hello all,

can I get some help here. When should I surrender my Indian citizenship? is there any time frame to surrender? My effective date of citizenship is aug 21st.

I haven’t applied for Canadian passport yet but ready to send by mail. should I apply to require a passport in the next 60 days?

Also can I apply OCI before surrendering Indian citizenship?

Trying to call BLS but not reachable

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello all,

can I get some help here. When should I surrender my Indian citizenship? is there any time frame to surrender? My effective date of citizenship is aug 21st.

I haven’t applied for Canadian passport yet but ready to send by mail. should I apply to require a passport in the next 60 days?

Also can I apply OCI before surrendering Indian citizenship?

Trying to call BLS but not reachable
You have enough time of 3 years. They just discourage using the Indian passport for travel and it will be just a penalty if you still use the passport for traveling.
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/renunciation_ppt.php
1. Penalty for retention of Indian passport after acquiring Canadian citizenship for a period in excess of three years from the date of acquiring Canadian citizenship
2. Penalty for travelling on Indian Passport after acquiring Canadian citizenship is C$ 343 for each time, subject to a maximum of C$ 1711
4. Penalty for obtaining any miscellaneous passport service (name change, etc.) on Indian Passport after acquiring Canadian citizenship is C$ 343 for each such service.

geriko12

Jul 17, 2014
I passed the test on Jan 8th, my status changed to decision made today.
Winnipeg office.

Reactions: Fawny43

geriko12

Jul 17, 2014
I passed the test on Jan 8th, my status changed to decision made today.
Winnipeg office.
I got my oath invitation on Friday, oath date December 22, 2020.
Is it normal that my wife and our daughter didn’t get anything? We applied together and we passed the test together.

axbisw

Apr 21, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
For people who had a virtual oath ceremony after the pandemic started, how long did it take to receive the Citizenship certificate in the mail?
It has been over 2 months since my oath ceremony (Oath ceremony: October 9, 2020) and I still haven't received my citizenship certificate.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
For people who had a virtual oath ceremony after the pandemic started, how long did it take to receive the Citizenship certificate in the mail?
It has been over 2 months since my oath ceremony (Oath ceremony: October 9, 2020) and I still haven't received my citizenship certificate.
Did you called IRCC or asked the question via web form? Before October, lot of applicants received certificate in 2-4 weeks but October onwards it's too slow. It seems they haven't issued many citizenship certificates in November and December. Not sure what's going on.

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hello everyone, so like some folks here. My application was in process since October 2019. but i got a mail on Dec 4th to provide proof of actual timeline in Canada, a long list for that. which i did. Dec 6th another mail for online test.

Test done and passed. then i got a response that i will be getting a virtual interview mail come 2021.

Well thats the stage i'm now, if the timeline helps anyone.

Though still waiting for test invite for my wife

Last edited:
Reactions: melito and EUK

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, so like some folks here. My application was in process since October 2019. but i got a mail on Dec 4th to provide proof of actual timeline in Canada, a long list for that. which i did. Dec 6th another mail for online test.

Test done and passed. then i got a response that i will be getting a virtual interview mail come 2020.

Can you please share the list of documents they asked?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Test done and passed. then i got a response that i will be getting a virtual interview mail come 2020.

Thanks for the update.
Can i know if the document list was like passport copies, rental agreements, employment related, medical claim history etc?
Is the response for the virtual interview or virtual oath? Can we know what exactly they said?
Did they say you would get it in 2020 or 2021 as we have just 2 weeks left for 2020 hence asking?

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Can you please share the list of documents they asked?
Hi, this is an abstract of the mail

DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED

Please send the required documents by responding to this email message. Do not send your documents by mail.

You must provide all documents listed below which apply to your situation.

Please provide photocopies of your documents (unless originals are requested). The documents will be placed on your file and will not be returned to you. You may be asked to present your original documents at a later date, or other documents may be requested later.

Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:

• The English or French translation; and
  • An affidavit from the person who completed the translation.
An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

The documents you provide must cover the period from 2016-06-21 to 2019/06/27 unless otherwise specified below.

☒ Any passports and/or travel documents, valid or expired, that were valid between 2016-06-21 and 2019-06-27 . You must provide a colour photocopy of each page.

Note: All passport stamps and entries, including visas and permits, must be translated in English or French. This includes any entries that fall outside of the period listed above.

☒ Rental agreements, leases or mortgage documents.

☒ Records of employment or pay stubs for all jobs held during the above time period.

☒ Official education records for all educational institutions you attended during the period stated above.

Official education records are:

• Report cards; or
  • Transcripts; or
  • Attendance records.
The records must cover each calendar year, if applicable. It is sufficient to submit one official education document per calendar year of schooling during the relevant period.

☒ Official education records for your minor children for all educational institutions they attended during the period stated above.

Provide the records for all children in Canada or abroad who were under the age of 18 at the time you submitted your application, even if you did not apply for Canadian citizenship on their behalf. You must also provide documents for any children who are already Canadian citizens, if applicable.

Note: Student identification cards and letters from institutions, teachers, principals are not accepted as official education records. For example, an official transcript from an educational institution would satisfy this requirement. A letter from an institution is only acceptable in the following circumstances:

• Child has recently enrolled in school and a report card has not yet been issued
  • Child is being homeschooled.
If any of your children under the age of 18 were home schooled, you must submit photocopies of written proof of registration as determined by the respective Ministry of Education in the province or territory where you live.

☒ Provincial/Territorial personal health claim summary for each province/territory you have resided in during the period 2016-06-21 to 2019-06-27.

For information on how to obtain these records, please visit www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/delivery-prestation/ptrole/index-eng.php and click on your province or territory of residence for complete details and contact information.

☒ Other: Consent for use of Microsoft Teams to assess a Citizenship Application form

[Include i-94 report if there is travel to USA]

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Thanks for the update.
Can i know if the document list was like passport copies, rental agreements, employment related, medical claim history etc?
Is the response for the virtual interview or virtual oath? Can we know what exactly they said?
Did they say you would get it in 2020 or 2021 as we have just 2 weeks left for 2020 hence asking?
Hi,
Kindly see an abstract of the mail that was sent to me in the upper line.

My apologies, they said they will get in touch for an interview for 2021 not 2020

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
Kindly see an abstract of the mail that was sent to me in the upper line.

My apologies, they said they will get in touch for an interview for 2021 not 2020
I think that most are nowadays getting these. But they do adjudicate the application quickly after the test. So dont worry on the note on 2021 from them. They will revert back soon which is the current trend. Good luck buddy.