+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Passed my Test few mins ago .
Practice well.
  1. Read Canada discovery book.
  2. Apna Toronto practice questions ( try to get atleast 95%) in all 10 practice questions
  3. You will pass with 20/20 for sure.
  4. It's not tough, max 1 week is enough for preparing or min 3 days

As the case is urgent happened on MS teams. They will share the Screen with Questions and you need to answer them orally.
You are given options to Review the questions within the 30 mins allotted time .
Overall it was very smooth.

And I was also interviewed after my exam. Please don't ask what questions that are asked during the Interview. It depends on the applicant.

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
██████╗░░█████╗░░██████╗░██████╗███████╗██████╗░  ████████╗██╗░░██╗███████╗  ████████╗███████╗░██████╗████████╗
██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██╔════╝██╔════╝██╔════╝██╔══██╗  ╚══██╔══╝██║░░██║██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██╔════╝██╔════╝╚══██╔══╝
██████╔╝███████║╚█████╗░╚█████╗░█████╗░░██║░░██║  ░░░██║░░░███████║█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░█████╗░░╚█████╗░░░░██║░░░
██╔═══╝░██╔══██║░╚═══██╗░╚═══██╗██╔══╝░░██║░░██║  ░░░██║░░░██╔══██║██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██╔══╝░░░╚═══██╗░░░██║░░░
██║░░░░░██║░░██║██████╔╝██████╔╝███████╗██████╔╝  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║███████╗  ░░░██║░░░███████╗██████╔╝░░░██║░░░
╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═════╝░╚═════╝░╚══════╝╚═════╝░  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚══════╝╚═════╝░░░░╚═╝░░░

░░██╗██████╗░░█████╗░░░░░██╗██████╗░░█████╗░██╗░░
░██╔╝╚════██╗██╔══██╗░░░██╔╝╚════██╗██╔══██╗╚██╗░
██╔╝░░░███╔═╝██║░░██║░░██╔╝░░░███╔═╝██║░░██║░╚██╗
╚██╗░██╔══╝░░██║░░██║░██╔╝░░██╔══╝░░██║░░██║░██╔╝
░╚██╗███████╗╚█████╔╝██╔╝░░░███████╗╚█████╔╝██╔╝░
░░╚═╝╚══════╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░░░╚══════╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░

As the case is urgent happened on MS teams. They will share the Screen with Questions and you need to answer them orally.
You are given options to Review the questions within the 30 mins allotted time .

And I was also interviewed after my exam. Please don't ask what questions that are asked during the Interview. It depends on the applicant.
Apart from the eyesore art :p, Congrats!! Happy for you :)

Reactions: O'canada

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I think OP mentioned 1 week. Should be more than enough time to gauge the material in the study guide.
Glad you're so optimistic but with full time work and 2 small kids a week is definitely not enough for me :) obviously I have already started but it's good to know I'd only have a week instead of 3.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Glad you're so optimistic but with full time work and 2 small kids a week is definitely not enough for me :) obviously I have already started but it's good to know I'd only have a week instead of 3.
One week should be enough.
Skim the discovery Canada.
Do apnatoronto practice questions.
You are good to go.

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Passed my Test few mins ago .
Practice well.
  1. Read Canada discovery book.
  2. Apna Toronto practice questions ( try to get atleast 95%) in all 10 practice questions
  3. You will pass with 20/20 for sure.
  4. It's not tough, max 1 week is enough for preparing or min 3 days

Congrats! All the best in your next steps!

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
You don't receive much update or lines on you gcm notes as your ordered so early during your process and that too your request was urgent processing. It's better to do once BC checks are done .
  1. You will send your application to Sydney
  2. They will receive your application
  3. Check your Application status on ECAS page --> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
  4. ECAS Line 1 Shows : We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Month DD, YYYY
  5. They will acknowledge your file -AOR
  6. ECAS Line 2 Shows : We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Month DD, Year
  7. ECAS status shows - In processing ( now a days it's 2 weeks from AOR date for urgent processing). My guess here is Sydney takes less time to approve your urgent request and file goes to in processing.
  8. ECAS Line 3 Shows : We started processing your application on Month DD, YYYY
  9. Your file is sent to local office and simultaneously Background checks and security checks will start ( Back ground checks take more time and they can't fast forward these though no matter what the request is for urgent processing or normal)
  10. Your local office will receive your file from Sydney
  11. If your name is not unique they may ask you for finger print request ( otherwise NO)
  12. Local office will review your urgent request and they have to accept your urgent processing too ( important otherwise it goes normal processing).
  13. Once local office accept urgent request and BC checks done, FP done you will receive e-mail from local office about writing the test and also getting interviewed with case officer
  14. They will give only 1 week to write an interview once you responded to their email. In case you need 3 weeks to prepare and write the test like normal processing your name be added in the list and you will receive email.
  15. If you are ready within 1 week writing the test they will send ms-teams consent that you acknowledged and agreed to write the test using ms-teams
  16. You also need to signing I-94 consent form, by giving my consent to U.S. Customs and Border Protection to disclose the details of my history of arrivals and departures into the United States to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to assist IRCC in determining my citizenship eligibility.
  17. You will also be provided with letter to provide additional documents during last 5 yrs ( time since you became PR) rental agreement, receipts, employment pay stubs, record of employment, education certificates or the school you attended during that period. Your child report cards for all education institutions. Provincial health claim summary for each territory you resided.
  18. Get your Health Summary cards at the respective province you reside --> https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/health-cards.html
  19. The period you resided in each territory (entry and exit)
  20. Your passport travel history all pages ( this needs to be sent before the citizenship ship test )
  21. And finally you write the test using Microsoft Teams
  22. Followed by interview with case officer
  23. Status change to decision made
  24. And invited for Oath ceremony
The above process is based on my experience with Urgent Processing Request. Make sure you are in Canada before writing the test.

Citizenship Test (oral)
================
And don't try to cheat during the exam. The exam is easy no to worry much . Even if you fail , you were given one more chance to write .
Failing in second attempt leads to case officer interviewing you about Canadian history

I had Citizenship test yesterday using Microsoft Teams, Citizenship officer ( You can see Video))) along with 3 others ( Video is not shared) are present .
Exam is Oral and they shared the screen and you need to respond to one of the right answer. ( A,B,C and D) .
Time allotted: 30 Mins
You were given time to review the questions if needed back and forth.
Once you are confident about your answers, you can request for submission. The result will be shared right away and the number of Questions Correct will be disclosed.

Interview Process
============
Depends on the Applicant. But Be prepared with

1. When is the time you first arrived in Canada .
  2. When is the last time you left Canada
  3. Your Family Details
  4. Your job , what are you doing
  5. Have any of the ID Cards ready. Its a must to be shown ( Passport, Health Card, Driving License)
  6. Any recent changes or updates on Criminal Records which you want case officer know
  7. Reason For Urgent Application Request ( Will be asked if your application is processes under Urgent Request)
  8. Any questions you want to ask Case Officer.

Last edited:

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
The above process is based on my experience with Urgent Processing Request. Make sure you are in Canada before writing the test.

Citizenship Test (oral)
================
And don't try to cheat during the exam. The exam is easy no to worry much . Even if you fail , you were given one more chance to write .
Failing in second attempt leads to case officer interviewing you about Canadian history

I had Citizenship test yesterday using Microsoft Teams, Citizenship officer ( You can see Video))) along with 3 others ( Video is not shared) are present .
Exam is Oral and they shared the screen and you need to respond to one of the right answer. ( A,B,C and D) .
Once you are confident about your answers, you can request for submission. The result will be shared right away and the number of Questions Correct will be disclosed.

Interview Process
============

3. Your Family Details
  5. Have any of the ID Cards ready. Its a must to be shown ( Passport, Health Card, Driving License)
  6. Any recent changes or updates on Criminal Records which you want case officer know
  7. Any questions you want to ask Case Officer.
Thank you for you information. Congratulations!

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015

Citizenship Test (oral)
================

Interview Process
============

3. Your Family Details
  7. Reason For Urgent Application Request ( Will be asked if your application is processes under Urgent Request)
  8. Any questions you want to ask Case Officer.
So did you get a specific time to do the test then, if officers have to be there?

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
So did you get a specific time to do the test then, if officers have to be there?
Yes, I was given specific time and also ms-teams invitation link in the email one week before the test .
Your case officer will be sharing the screen with questions coming on the screen and she be reading out for you as well.

Reactions: Gemini020

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16