+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: PR refused

JOEALEM

Feb 2, 2010
Hello everyone,

I had applied for PR under skilled worker catagory. Last week, the visa office (Los Angeles) sent me a letter saying that my application is refused because I do not have at least one year full time experience i.e. the work experience is less than a year. This is the only reason they explained in the letter. I do have part time experiences from two institutions which can be accounted for almost 2 years (full time). However, in one of my work experience letter, the institution did not mention the duties and responsibilities as well as the number of hours per week. The visa office actually stressed on this letter. Therefore, they did not consider this letter to support my application. I have two things:

1. To correct the letter by includeing the duties and responsibilities, and the number of hours per week
2. I have also a new document to update my application (optional)

If I send these two things as soon as possible, do you think they will consider my application again? or do I have to reapply from scratch?

Thank you for your help.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends have they rejected your app or have they given any time to prove what you are claiming

If they have sent the rejection, sending the docs would not help, you may have to appeal against the decision. Let others comment on how to appeal

Reapplication may not be possible, please check if your NOC is still under 29 NOC released under MI on 26th June.

JOEALEM

Feb 2, 2010
Thanks for your suggestion. Here is the last statment of the letter they sent:

"...I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your application is therefore refused.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. Any new application will be assessed according to the immigration act and Regulations in force at the time that the new application is filed. ..."

As I understood the above statment, i can reapply with a new application. But I do not want to reapply and lengthen the time. I want to send corrections and update new documents. Note that my NOC # is 4122.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is rejection and sending new information to CHC will not help

You can not reapply under NOC 4122 as per new rules enforced since 26th June 2010

You may want start a new thread asking, if there is a way to appeal against the rejection

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Usually, if they like to give you a chance, they send you a fairness letter. they write that they are inclined to decline your application but are willing to give you one last oppurtunity to prove yourself. Even a fairness letter is almost a refusal. However, this is clearly stating that you have been refused and you need to file a new application. Since your NOC does not fall in the new list, you may wish to appeal; I do not know how suscessful even an appeal would be. I wish you good luck.

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Write your vo a letter and ask your school write you a correct recommendation letter to certify your work experience. Don't consider if the vo will accept your explanation right now. The key point is whether you will send vo your explanation, right? Good luck!

JOEALEM

Feb 2, 2010
canada001 said:
Write your vo a letter and ask your school write you a correct recommendation letter to certify your work experience. Don't consider if the vo will accept your explanation right now. The key point is whether you will send vo your explanation, right? Good luck!
Are you suggesting me to send a letter explaining the condition along with the correct work experience? In addition, once they give refusal letter, do they keep my documents for future assessment? Thanks

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
For the letter part, I think you need to do that.
For the future part, I'm pretty sure they will keep your materials for the future use. I have a friend who applied twice and the 2nd time she got a huge trouble due to some part of her work experience info was not exactly same as the 1st one.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
JOEALEM

There are 2 requirements under the old ministerial list rule with respect to work:

1) One year of full time (or equivalently part time) of a job in the ministerial list. This has to be continuous work experience.
2) Work experience which can be both part time and full time of work skill type 0, A or B which is then used for points.

Do you fulfill the first requirement?

I modified this....it had a mistake.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOEALEM said:
Hello everyone,

I had applied for PR under skilled worker catagory. Last week, the visa office (Los Angeles) sent me a letter saying that my application is refused because I do not have at least one year full time experience i.e. the work experience is less than a year. This is the only reason they explained in the letter. I do have part time experiences from two institutions which can be accounted for almost 2 years (full time). However, in one of my work experience letter, the institution did not mention the duties and responsibilities as well as the number of hours per week. The visa office actually stressed on this letter. Therefore, they did not consider this letter to support my application. I have two things:

1. To correct the letter by includeing the duties and responsibilities, and the number of hours per week
2. I have also a new document to update my application (optional)

If I send these two things as soon as possible, do you think they will consider my application again? or do I have to reapply from scratch?

Thank you for your help.
This is a rejection and your VO is not giving you the second chance that we all deserve, however, I will suggest you to give yourself that second chance by sending a cover letter with your support documents. If you can convince him/her your case may be reopen. Try it! At this point you are not loosing anything just be honest with yourself and do not try to hide anything.
Cheers,

JOEALEM

Feb 2, 2010
Maaties said:
JOEALEM

There are 3 requirements under the old ministerial list rule with respect to work:

1) One year of full time continuous work experience in skill type 0, A or B. This cannot be part time.
2) One year of full time (or equivalently part time) of a job in the ministerial list. This has to be continuous work experience.
3) Work experience which can be both part time and full time of work skill type 0, A or B which is then used for points.

Do you fulfill the first requirement?
I am on the second catagory. What is your suggestion?

JOEALEM

Feb 2, 2010
beauhoe said:
This is a rejection and your VO is not giving you the second chance that we all deserve, however, I will suggest you to give yourself that second chance by sending a cover letter with your support documents. If you can convince him/her your case may be reopen. Try it! At this point you are not loosing anything just be honest with yourself and do not try to hide anything.
Cheers,
That is what i planned to do. I already have the documents. Nothing to hind!!! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOEALEM said:
That is what i planned to do. I already have the documents. Nothing to hind!!! Thank you so much for the suggestion.
Go for it and more importantly keep praying and be positive my friend.