+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: PR application in process but still Bridging open work permit application refused

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
I applied for PR (paper file) in August 2019 based on Ontario PNP nomination under Employer Job Offer Stream - International Students
My Postgraduate work permit (3 years) was to be expired in Oct 2020 so I applied for OBWP in July 2020, hoping to get my work permit extended as I wait for my PR in these delayed pandemic times.

Today I got a refusal for my OBWP application stating that I do not meet the requirements for OBWP. I do not understand why this happened? I am in Canada and my PR application is still in process.

I am stressed that now I don't have a status here and trying to figure out what I can do next? I don't want my current status to affect my PR application in any negative way.

The refusal letter does state that I can apply for restoration but before I apply I need to figure out if am eligible and how do I obtain a work permit?

Can someone please guide me in this stressful time?

Baz sandhu

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
I applied for PR (paper file) in August 2019 based on Ontario PNP nomination under Employer Job Offer Stream - International Students
My Postgraduate work permit (3 years) was to be expired in Oct 2020 so I applied for OBWP in July 2020, hoping to get my work permit extended as I wait for my PR in these delayed pandemic times.

Today I got a refusal for my OBWP application stating that I do not meet the requirements for OBWP. I do not understand why this happened? I am in Canada and my PR application is still in process.

I am stressed that now I don't have a status here and trying to figure out what I can do next? I don't want my current status to affect my PR application in any negative way.

The refusal letter does state that I can apply for restoration but before I apply I need to figure out if am eligible and how do I obtain a work permit?

because u hv to apply for closed wp nt open

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Do y

Do you have restrictions on your nomination certificate?

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
Before you can apply, your employermust

• submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada using the Employer Portal
  • pay the employer compliance fee, unless you qualify for a fee exemption, and
  • give you the offer of employment number
Yes you have to ask province for work permit support letter and apply for online with restoration application with online application.
I got work support letter when I received PNP nomination certificate in April , 2019.
Can I use this work support letter? Does it expire?

Sukhi23

Aug 26, 2020
Isn't this an LMIA requirement? I have work support letter already. Isnt that enough?
You have to apply for Lmia exempt work permit. You probably have to restore your status. You are out of status now and you need a renewed pnp work support letter and Lmia exemption number that your employer has to pay for and apply for you. After that you got to apply for a closed work permit.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
You have to apply for Lmia exempt work permit. You probably have to restore your status. You are out of status now and you need a renewed pnp work support letter and Lmia exemption number that your employer has to pay for and apply for you. After that you got to apply for a closed work permit.
Can I still continue to work at my current employer?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Exactly. Your employer have to submit job offer online and pay $230 compliance fees. When he submit job offer and submit fees he will get employment number starts with A12344589(example) that you have to put in your work permit application.