+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: PPR received

aliaayub

Mar 4, 2020
Hello all,

I am seeking some guidance from anyone that may have experienced this.

I am at the very end of my outland spousal sponsorship process (Nov 2019, Sydney, Australia). I have just received by passport request from Sydney, Australia, but I am flying out in a week to go back to my home country to see my grandfather who is terminally ill.

I am wondering if i can just submit my passport at the VAC in my home country and let IRCC know that I am in a different country? I have emailed them already, and have not yet received a response. I am therefore wondering if anyone has been through anything of this sort?

Your help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alia

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am wondering if i can just submit my passport at the VAC in my home country and let IRCC know that I am in a different country? I have emailed them already, and have not yet received a response. I am therefore wondering if anyone has been through anything of this sort?
Not that this is an easy question but in this case does matter which countries you are in and wish to travel to.

You'll have to arrange with the visa office that issued your letter (or try through IRCC/webform).

At minimum it's going to depend which country and whether there is even a visa office (not all embassies/consulates have).

Quite possible they'll advise to submit passport to Sydney when you return to wherever you are. If it's a longer visit, they may ask you to submit by courier to them.

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Don’t get into this mess. Submit it in Australia if possible right now or come back to Australia later and submit. Due to the pandemic, this process of getting a new PPR issued from a different country is taking much longer than usual.

Reactions: armoured