+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT-PLZ HELP: Information needed regarding EXPRESS ENTRY

VarMad

May 30, 2018
Hello Sir/Mam,

I hope you are doing fine. Thank you so much in taking your valuable time in reading this query.

I am an Indian Citizen and recently I came to know about "Express Entry". I am having two doubts regarding Express Entry and I thought of posting in this thread.

Question1:

Previously I had 3 student visa refusals for Canada (in 2012 & 2013) and 1 visit visa refusal for Canada. Will these rejections impact my application when I apply for Canada PR (Express Entry)?

Question2:

Is there any rule in Express Entry requirements that, the work experience should match the latest/highest education (or) work experience can be into a different stream from education?

I did my Bachelor's from Computer Science Engineering and Master's in Networking. I worked as an "Analyst - CE" for 1 and half year and currently working as "Software Engineer". Can I still use this work experience in claiming points for Express Entry?

I will be thankful to you from bottom of my heart if you can answer me these questions as I am unable to find out answers for these questions. Thank you very much in advance and your information will be a lot helpful for me.

Last edited:

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hello Sir/Mam,

I hope you are doing fine. Thank you so much in taking your valuable time in reading this query.

I am an Indian Citizen and recently I came to know about "Express Entry". I am having two doubts regarding Express Entry and I thought of posting in this thread.

Question1:

Previously I had 3 student visa refusals for Canada (in 2012 & 2013) and 1 visit visa refusal for Canada. Will these rejections impact my application when I apply for Canada PR (Express Entry)?

Question2:

Is there any rule in Express Entry requirements that, the work experience should match the latest/highest education (or) work experience can be into a different stream from education?

I did my Bachelor's from Computer Science Engineering and Master's in Networking. I worked as an "Analyst - CE" for 1 and half year and currently working as "Software Engineer". Can I still use this work experience in claiming points for Express Entry?

I will be thankful to you from bottom of my heart if you can answer me these questions as I am unable to find out answers for these questions. Thank you very much in advance and your information will be a lot helpful for me.
1- Permanent residence and temporary resident visas are evaluated on different criteria. Previous refusals don't mean you are not eligible or your PR application will be refused. However it depends on the reason of those rejections.
2- yes, you can.

VarMad

May 30, 2018
1- Permanent residence and temporary resident visas are evaluated on different criteria. Previous refusals don't mean you are not eligible or your PR application will be refused. However it depends on the reason of those rejections.
2- yes, you can.
Thank you so much @pitico55 for your reply, I really do appreciate you in taking your time and replying to my post.

I forgot to mention that my education is related to Computer Science and I worked for 1 and half year as an "Analyst - CE", which is completely non IT. Can I still claim points for this work experience even when it is non-IT experience?

Will be looking forward to hear from you, thank you so much in advance.

Last edited: