+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !! Please Help !! ON PNP Open Work Permit.

Shariar

Jan 8, 2011
Hi, I have recently received the ON PNP certificate (Master's Stream) but since I do no have any job offer (+ no other way to remain in Canada) I'm going request a Support Letter for Open Work Permit from the PNP office.

I have not submitted my PR application yet, so I do not have any file number. My question is, if I am eligible to apply for the Open Work Permit with the support letter from PNP ?? or I'll need the PR application file Number as well ??

I read the following in the website, it doesn't mention about the PR application file number....

"Effective April 19, 2012, Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be able to provide assistance to certain graduates who require a way to maintain or establish status in Canada while they transition to permanent resident (PR) status in Ontario."

I'd really appreciate any comments or information that would help. Thanks.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
Shariar said:
Hi, I have recently received the ON PNP certificate (Master's Stream) but since I do no have any job offer (+ no other way to remain in Canada) I'm going request a Support Letter for Open Work Permit from the PNP office.

I have not submitted my PR application yet, so I do not have any file number. My question is, if I am eligible to apply for the Open Work Permit with the support letter from PNP ?? or I'll need the PR application file Number as well ??

I read the following in the website, it doesn't mention about the PR application file number....

"Effective April 19, 2012, Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be able to provide assistance to certain graduates who require a way to maintain or establish status in Canada while they transition to permanent resident (PR) status in Ontario."

I'd really appreciate any comments or information that would help. Thanks.
no u wont be able to get work permit on basis of support letter..

Shariar

Jan 8, 2011
But could you provide me with any link or something where it says so ??

I found this from the website:

You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for an open work permit under this initiative:
- Must be a foreign national who is a Master’s or PhD graduate and nominee in Ontario under the Pilot Master’s Graduate Stream or the PhD Graduate Stream of the International Student Category;
- Must either currently reside in Ontario or intend to reside in Ontario for the duration of the work permit;
- Must currently hold valid status as a temporary resident (TR), or be eligible to apply for restoration of TR status, if in Canada;
- Must have received a letter of support issued by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.

IT DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE THAT I'D NEED A PR APPLICATION FILE NUMBER.

Any idea ??