+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent please guys

Bobo2016

Oct 14, 2016
Did they specifically ask you to stamp it when they wrote you to provide another photo? If not why stress?

Cheers,

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
M.ali.khalf said:
They did not but it is a requirement stated in photo specifications
But why do you not want to obtain a travel document for her?

Most people who go through as much trouble as you are are in breach of their RO, in this case it makes sense, but right now you spend so much time worrying when you are in an easy situation... Your PR will not be revoked if you request a travel document and since you know you won't travel back for a while, you have plenty of time to request the travel document instead of worrying and taking the risk that the mail containing your PR be lost, creating additional issues and worries at that time...

Just send the pictures, stop worrying and request a travel document if needed...

M.ali.khalf

Sep 18, 2016
I have no issues with the travel documents
All I am worrying about is to pass the 60 days grace period they gave for pic resubmission and that causes any issue with her PR like cancellation or question mark!
Secondly if tey send a pic and they feel it is from outside, that might cause any problem ?!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
M.ali.khalf said:
Yes I can send the envelope to my neighbour and he can send it accordingly.
All my worries are about the stamp and address of photographer.."aoh yes she is outside canada, we will not issue pr"
a cic officer processing a pr card is not going to make a determination about processing the card solely based on the fact it was mailed from outside of canada. a) more than likely that person doesn't even have the authority to do that and b) I doubt they even see the envelope it comes in. c) this is a made up issue.

M.ali.khalf said:
Secondly if tey send a pic and they feel it is from outside, that might cause any problem ?!
we have already told you. NO! just send in the pictures already and stop making up problems that don't exist in the real world.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I think sending the pic from outside Canada should not be a problem and also getting a pr travel document should not be a problem because you just landed recently and its just couple of months thus there is no way that your wife is not meeting residency obligations.
The photo specifications on the website states that the photo should not be more than 6 months old. What if you were in Canada and you had a pic of your wife and which was clicked outside Canada and it was not more than 6 months old, cic should have accepted it if it meets the specifications criteria. Also, remember, when you landed in September, you provided your and your wife's pic during landing process that was clicked outside Canada and these were accepted except your wife's

I assume that as long as the photo is per specifications, cic should not have any issues.

jalal0

Jul 5, 2016
dont worry they said we dont mail the pr card outside canada
so if you have an adress in canada they will send your card to the adress you provide
so dont worry for the stamp its happen with me they dont care
as i said they wont mail the card outside canada

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
M.ali.khalf said:
I am afraid if I sent the new pics from my home country, they refuse to issue it and they ask her to enter with a travel document and then start pr process again
Let's clear up one thing really quick.

There are two separate concepts here:

1) Permanent Residence status. As long as you comply with the residency obligations (and don't break laws or commit fraud), this is permanent.

2) Permanent Resident Card. This card is proof of status. It also expires periodically.

While the card is proof of status, and only issued to Permanent Residents, the two actually have very little to do with each other. You can let your card expire, if you want - if you meet the residency obligations, it doesn't matter. You are still a permanent resident. Likewise, if you violate your residency requirements, you can lose PR status, even if your card has not yet expired.

This is important, because the picture is only for the card. In an absolute worst case scenario, they refuse to issue the card. You apply for a PRTD (as you described), and enter the country. You don't have to "start over" and apply for PR - you just have to apply for the card to be mailed to you. Your status itself doesn't change, because your status doesn't depend on the card. The card is simply proof of status, like the PRTD.

Additionally, the PR card is issued based on status. Your status doesn't depend on whether your picture was taken in your home country, or in Canada. Many permanent residents are outland applicants - it makes no sense for them to come to Canada and have their picture taken. Pictures taken abroad are not an issue. For security reasons, Canada won't ship a PR card outside Canada, but you can always have a friend forward them to you.