+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Passport After Oath

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WONDERFUL NEWS AND HERES THE TIPS:

When I had my Oath yesterday (19th March) I explained to the officer after my oath about my situation - he said they had no control but to wait till around 12pm today (20th March) and then go to Passport Canada and explain and hope it is in the system. So I went to the North York Passport Canada office right after noon today. The man checked my documents and explained that I have to be in the system as it usually is a 48 hour wait but he said I can try my luck and explain my situation - I took a number. Once my number got called the lady looked through my documents and then checked to see if I was on the system - and voila I was on the system :)

I also took my Guarantor WITH ME - i think this is very important. She then asked my guarantor how long she has known me and when she signed my application. I also took my Ticket Booking which is the 2nd important item. She verified that and my flight is scheduled for tomorrow night! She then said my passport will be ready for 4PM TODAY THU MARCH 20! :)

She just told me that Passport Canada will be calling my references over the next hour or so. Which they did so that's the 3rd very important criteria. Ensure that all your references are ready to pick up the phone, that they verify they know you exact same time you put in the application and their addresses match!

So my passport will be ready for 4PM TODAY! Whole process in less than 4 hours after a less than 24 hour wait. I expected to pick up tomorrow but I was actually impressed by the level of service they are providing. Oh and they charge $110 extra for the fast service but it is worth it if you are in a situation like myself.

All the best - mind you the most important thing is that you are put into the system, that you have all documentary reasoning, your Guarantor physically goes with you and your references are ready to vouch for you.

Great to be a Canadian! :)

Reactions: sns204

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awesome news. happy a great trip. ;D

also i am glad to be proved wrong :p

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
awesome news. happy a great trip. ;D

also i am glad to be proved wrong :p
HAHA! i was prepared - only thing worrying me was being in the system which was fine. I mean at the end of the day, the second you become a citizen of your country it is your right to get a passport so I guess I got to exercise my first right of becoming a Canadian! Proud feeling mind you. And hope my experience helps anyone in a similar situation!

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:

When I had my Oath yesterday (19th March) I explained to the officer after my oath about my situation - he said they had no control but to wait till around 12pm today (20th March) and then go to Passport Canada and explain and hope it is in the system. So I went to the North York Passport Canada office right after noon today. The man checked my documents and explained that I have to be in the system as it usually is a 48 hour wait but he said I can try my luck and explain my situation - I took a number. Once my number got called the lady looked through my documents and then checked to see if I was on the system - and voila I was on the system :)

I also took my Guarantor WITH ME - i think this is very important. She then asked my guarantor how long she has known me and when she signed my application. I also took my Ticket Booking which is the 2nd important item. She verified that and my flight is scheduled for tomorrow night! She then said my passport will be ready for 4PM TODAY THU MARCH 20! :)

She just told me that Passport Canada will be calling my references over the next hour or so. Which they did so that's the 3rd very important criteria. Ensure that all your references are ready to pick up the phone, that they verify they know you exact same time you put in the application and their addresses match!

So my passport will be ready for 4PM TODAY! Whole process in less than 4 hours after a less than 24 hour wait. I expected to pick up tomorrow but I was actually impressed by the level of service they are providing. Oh and they charge $110 extra for the fast service but it is worth it if you are in a situation like myself.

All the best - mind you the most important thing is that you are put into the system, that you have all documentary reasoning, your Guarantor physically goes with you and your references are ready to vouch for you.

Thanks for keeping us updated with your passport request. Good luck on your trip

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:

Great! Congratulations once again! I paid $270, hm....did you get 5 years passport? I got 10 years.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Great! Congratulations once again! I paid $270, hm....did you get 5 years passport? I got 10 years.
No i went with the 10 year as well - its just $40 more! And yes also spent $270

Cheers and thanks for your tips!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:
No i went with the 10 year as well - its just $40 more! And yes also spent $270

Cheers and thanks for your tips!
oh, ok, sorry, I misunderstood :) Enjoy your trip!

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Question to Bangloboy : I am just wondering if it is a must that you took your guarantor with you to the passport department.
can't you fill the form and go by yourself.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samjohns22 said:
Question to Bangloboy : I am just wondering if it is a must that you took your guarantor with you to the passport department.
can't you fill the form and go by yourself.
LOL it's not a must. They always call guarantor and references. I just thought I would save them the time to save on the calling and verifying. It's not a must - I did it! Also NOTE: the guarantor section must be filled by your guarantor.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
your guarantor can be your spouse as well rite?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siki said:
your guarantor can be your spouse as well rite?
Yes - anyone as long as they know you for 2 years, an adult and in possession of a Canadian passport themselves. I believe references cannot be family but must know you for 2 years. I spoke to my references today and they were actually asked what I looked like, how long they knew me and where I work! :)

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
bangloboy said:
Yes - anyone as long as they know you for 2 years, an adult and in possession of a Canadian passport themselves. I believe references cannot be family but must know you for 2 years. I spoke to my references today and they were actually asked what I looked like, how long they knew me and where I work! :)
Thank you bsnglaboy

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
bangloboy said:

Wonderful news indeed!!! Congratulations on becoming Canadian, and have a safe trip. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and to give helpful tips for people on the same situation.