+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent need of help returning to canada.

maja2000

Aug 19, 2019
Perhaps your family flew in through Djibouti. There is no consulate or embassy in Somalia. There is only a consulate in Djibouti which may just be a random person who represents Canada when needed. You would need to reach out to Canada but given that you are travelling on an RTD (assume you don’t have a Somalian passport which you can’t use as a refugee) and a PR card those aren’t that easy to replace. You can certainly try. Not sure if you have your own funds or will be able to go out to potentially courier information and pictures.
I do have my own funds to return to canada. I reached out to several family members who are aware of my parents stubborn actions returning to somalia which is high risk and they are willing to help pay or my flight tickets but the question is what would i need to return to canada?
Only a PR ? which i could get back or do i need other sort of document ?

Could i also appeal my case if there is a possibility of losing my pr status once i land in canada being i was only a minor ?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I lived in canada since 2009 and i live in somaliland an independent state from somalia which is more peaceful than somalia its self where there isn't war.
My mother who returned and is currently in canada didn't have an issue returning and wasn't asked at all.
The issue here is my parents are insisting on keeping me here and feeding me lies that if i return i would face issues and that i am not canadian anymore that it would be better to stay here and focus on a bogus religion that i do not believe in anymore that is being forced down my throat with out any education.
Your mother not having a problem does not mean she never will to be honest. There have been multiple reports of people cessation has happened to years after re-entering Canada.

Telling you all this so you can plan accordingly. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do have my own funds to return to canada. I reached out to several family members who are aware of my parents stubborn actions returning to somalia which is high risk and they are willing to help pay or my flight tickets but the question is what would i need to return to canada?

Could i also appeal my case if there is a possibility of losing my pr status once i land in canada being i was only a minor ?
You need your RTD plus PR card. Did your parents keep using their passports or get new passports or did they get RTDs for your family.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

You need your PR card and a travel document. A travel document is usually a passport, so you would need that or the equivalent. If you don't have a passport and can't get one, you can try asking for a Temporary Resident Permit. However, this wouldn't work if you returned to your country of persecution. Canada doesn't recognize Somaliland as a country so I really have no idea how it works in these circumstances.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/protected-persons/refugee-travel-document-refugees-protected-persons.html

Yes, it is possible to appeal your case if in fact your PR gets revoked. Winning the appeal depends on the facts and circumstances of your case, as well as how good your lawyer is, but you do have a right of appeal.

Since you have relatives who are willing to pay for your tickets you may want to ask them to help you with getting legal help. Your case is not simple.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My family applied for a traveling document that was valid for 6 months and is now expired .

How would i be able to get another traveling document ?
You are going to have to get in touch with the nearest embassy (assume Nairobi) and see if they can facilitate getting a new RTD.

Just warning you this opens a huge can of worms for your family but don’t think you have any other options,

maja2000

Aug 19, 2019
You are going to have to get in touch with the nearest embassy (assume Nairobi) and see if they can facilitate getting a new RTD.

Just warning you this opens a huge can of worms for your family but don’t think you have any other options,
What would you mean by that exactly because what other option would i have than returning to canada?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What would you mean by that exactly because what other option would i have than returning to canada?
The Canadian government is likely to begin the process of revoking your family's PR cards. Including your mother who is currently in Canada .

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
again in case of getting PR as a refugee any of these actions can get you loosing your PR status:
1. renewing your passport from your country of origin
2. using your passport to travel (regardless to which country).
3. returning to your country of origins.
And that is regardless if you meet or do not meet residency obligations.
Severity and probability to loose your PR is according to the listed above. With returning to your home country being the most severe.

As these days is not that hard to find out, your family can have problems years after such thing (at the time when they want to renew PR or ask for citizenship).
I guess the only bit help for you is to claim to being taken out against your free will (why else would you want to return to a country from which you got a refuge).
At the moment, where you live if still considered a part of Somalia, these consequences would apply to you and your family.

BR8682

Aug 30, 2019
I need help of experts. I live in canada for 6 yrs with PR and I left canada in Jan 2013 due to divorce taken in India. My PR was valid ill oct 2017 and now i remarried and have a daughter too. I want to know how i can renew my PR and sponsored my husband and daughter.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I need help of experts. I live in canada for 6 yrs with PR and I left canada in Jan 2013 due to divorce taken in India. My PR was valid ill oct 2017 and now i remarried and have a daughter too. I want to know how i can renew my PR and sponsored my husband and daughter.
You cannot renew your PR card from outside Canada. You will need to apply for a PRTD but since you do not meet RO, it will likely be rejected and the process of your PR being revoked started.

Alternatively, you may try to apply for a US visa and cross via a land border to Canada and hope you do not get reported for missing RO. If you are able to enter without being reported, you need to stay in Canada for 2 years before you can apply for a PR card or sponsoring your family. This option means being away from them for approximately 3 years.