+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Made honest mistake in IMM5669E form - Schedule A/Background Declaration

radhakanara

Jul 23, 2023
Hi,

I am in a bad situation right now and i would really appreciate it if some senior members or someone who has gone through this experience can give me some advice on this.

I just now realized that I made an honest mistake while filling out the Form 5669E-Schedule A/Background Declaration.

The concerned question is:
6. Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:
d. been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec(CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country.

In this I had marked "No".

I am still not sure, but after having read many forums I came to realize that the answer to this may probably be "YES".

It was really an honest mistake on my end and I did not mean to hide anything at all.

Is there a way to send them an updated form with the answer to the above question as "YES" and giving an explanation in the form for the "YES" answer along with a cover letter stating that it was an honest mistake on my end and I did not mean to hide anything from them?

If some of the seniors or anyone else has gone through this experience, please kindly advice me.

We would really appreciate is anyone can give us some honest or experience advice.

Thanks.
Hey! We did the same mistake. Did you get any update? And how do you send them letter of explanation and revised form? Any link for the same? Please guide me