+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Landing at US-CANADA POE COVID-19

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
This is the problem that language used is very vague. On one hand it says that do not travel to entry points for flagpoling and on the other hand it says that if you do, consider self-isolating. Like which one is it?

Thats why I wanted to check if anyone did this recently. I think coming days are going to be worse than current situation, I thought I should get PR while I still can instead of waiting 3-4 months.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
We did flagpoling last Friday (i.e before the announcement), when we went to service canada, this Monday, to get SIN they told us to self quarantine for 14 days because we went out of country even though we told them we just did flagpoling.
Even with flagpoling you technically left Canada though

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As you know Canada is not allowing temporary residents to come to Canada. How is this going to affect landing at US-Canada land border? If you have any information please share. I got my COPR but I do not currently have landing appointment booked. I was hoping to go to the border checkpoint to get COPR signed.
Flagpoling puts more people unnecessarily at risk so you should avoid flagpoling. Would also not consider flagpoling as essential travel at the US border.