+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Landing at US-CANADA POE COVID-19

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
As you know Canada is not allowing temporary residents to come to Canada. How is this going to affect landing at US-Canada land border? If you have any information please share. I got my COPR but I do not currently have landing appointment booked. I was hoping to go to the border checkpoint to get COPR signed.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe clarify if you are already in Canada which maybe assume you are if talking landing appointment which by the way have all been cancelled until currently after April 13th.

Personally and I have no inside information I would suspect that flagpoling would be treated same as arriving at a POE as far as restrictions go given technically you leave Canada and come back. CBSA already never come across as being keen for flagpoling so COVID just adds to their case.

IRCC has special process for people whi cannot travel/land with their COPRs

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
Maybe clarify if you are already in Canada which maybe assume you are if talking landing appointment which by the way have all been cancelled until currently after April 13th.

Personally and I have no inside information I would suspect that flagpoling would be treated same as arriving at a POE as far as restrictions go given technically you leave Canada and come back. CBSA already never come across as being keen for flagpoling so COVID just adds to their case.

IRCC has special process for people whi cannot travel/land with their COPRs

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence
Yes I am already in Canada. My COPR is valid for another 2 months. I wanted to get it signed and become PR at the earliest. I don't know if anyone has tried flagpoling after the restrictions were announced by Trudeau.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes I am already in Canada. My COPR is valid for another 2 months. I wanted to get it signed and become PR at the earliest. I don't know if anyone has tried flagpoling after the restrictions were announced by Trudeau.
Flagpoling requires you to leave Canada, which would seem to mean that you would be subject to the 14 day self-isolation period upon re-entry. You should try to make a phone landing appointment.

luis.shgt

Oct 28, 2019
I thought they are doing phone landing only for the ones that already had an appointment scheduled. Are they making new ones?

MonicaP

Aug 31, 2019
There is no effect for us-Canada boarder landing by road. I did landing for my parents today morning at peace bridge. US border asks you, where are you going and what's the purpose? You just tell them that you are doing a flagpole for your Canadian pr application. They understand that. My parents got COPR on 13th March and they completed their landing today.

Hope this information helps you. If you have any further questions please post.

All the telephone appointments are canceled, so better to do it by road. Also flagpole landing is only done on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday fro. 8: AM to 12: PM.

MonicaP

Aug 31, 2019
Flagpoling requires you to leave Canada, which would seem to mean that you would be subject to the 14 day self-isolation period upon re-entry. You should try to make a phone landing appointment.
We just did flagpole for my parents today morning, no one at the border told us for 14 day self isolation.

saiprasannasp

Jan 29, 2020
We just did flagpole for my parents today morning, no one at the border told us for 14 day self isolation.
We did flagpoling last Friday (i.e before the announcement), when we went to service canada, this Monday, to get SIN they told us to self quarantine for 14 days because we went out of country even though we told them we just did flagpoling.