+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!! Job Description related question

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
Hi,

I am kind of stuck in a situation related to my job description.

So, I work as a Tester, Quality Assurance and my job description kinda match to the ones pointed out in NOC B - 2283. But, in reality I do some duties which matches the job description for NOC A -2171 (which also includes testing job titles).

So my manager cannot change my job description since I work for a government company and they have same job description across all agencies. (Basically change the official job description is not option).

But, he can write a letter for me outlines why we can't change the job description and he can also point out the extra duties which I do so that it can match the job description for 2171.

I need some advise and want to know does this option make sense and should I go for NOC - A?

Thanks much. Help really appreciated.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi,

I am kind of stuck in a situation related to my job description.

So, I work as a Tester, Quality Assurance and my job description kinda match to the ones pointed out in NOC B - 2283. But, in reality I do some duties which matches the job description for NOC A -2171 (which also includes testing job titles).

So my manager cannot change my job description since I work for a government company and they have same job description across all agencies. (Basically change the official job description is not option).

But, he can write a letter for me outlines why we can't change the job description and he can also point out the extra duties which I do so that it can match the job description for 2171.

I need some advise and want to know does this option make sense and should I go for NOC - A?

Thanks much. Help really appreciated.
Doesn't matter if it's type A or B, just go with whatever NOC matches more with your job duties and no need to explain why you can't change the job description or anything

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
Doesn't matter if it's type A or B, just go with whatever NOC matches more with your job duties and no need to explain why you can't change the job description or anything
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I am overthinking here but what if they ask me your NOC Code doesn't match with your job description?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I am overthinking here but what if they ask me your NOC Code doesn't match with your job description?
Make sure at least 70% of your job description matches with official NOC

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
Make sure at least 70% of your job description matches with official NOC
Thanks Sam. But some of those job description duties would be on a letter instead of official job description. That won't cause any issue right?

As long as i get the letter signed from manager and submit both the official description and letter.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Thanks Sam. But some of those job description duties would be on a letter instead of official job description. That won't cause any issue right?

As long as i get the letter signed from manager and submit both the official description and letter.
Sorry your situation is confusing, you are planning to submit 2 letters each of which matches different NOC's? like job description matches with one NOC and the manager letter matched with the other? If so, I wouldn't advise that if there is much overlap between your chosen NOC and any other NOC, my advise is to match whether your job description or manager's letter to one NOC not multiple NOCs at the same time

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
Yes Sam, indeed my situation is confusing.

I hope this breakdown helps:

My official job description matches Noc 2283 (Noc B)

My Manager's letter matches Noc 2171 (Noc A)

I want to apply for the application with Noc 2171 (Noc A) since this it will grab me more points and I will submit both above mentioned documents.

The reason I am sending two documents is because my official job description (Noc 2283) cannot be changed and it doesn't reflect my duties. To help reflect my real duties, my manager will write a letter explaining the reason and outlining my duties which matches Noc 2171 (Noc A).

So, basically is this a valid scenario?

Thanks again. I know you are pissed but sorry it is kinda show stopper.