+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: I need help please, TRV application for my wife has been rejected

basim refat

Apr 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I need help please, my wife TRV application has been rejected. She has a valid study permit, she applied for TRV from Egypt, she used the online application.

Today she got this email from:

"You have applied under an incorrect category. In accordance with the documents you have provided on your application, it appears that you need to submit a Study Permit application.

Please read the below instructions and information very carefully:
· Your current application will be cancelled;
· You need to pay the balancing fee (CAD 50) while you are submitting your new application;
· You do NOT need to revisit the VAC for the purpose of providing your bio-metrics;
If you have applied along with other family members, please note that:
· They do NOT have to submit new applications unless they have also received an e-mail from us requesting them to do so;
· We assess family groups together. Therefore other members of your family will NOT be assessed until we receive your new application.
· To enable us to put your new application along with your family members, please send us an e-mail as soon as you have submitted a new application.

We have used the right application: imm5257e.pdf "Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)" .

My wife has a valid study permit and she has exam next month, What we should do now?

Thanks

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello Everyone,
I need help please, my wife TRV application has been rejected. She has a valid study permit, she applied for TRV from Egypt, she used the online application.

Today she got this email from: ANKRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

"You have applied under an incorrect category. In accordance with the documents you have provided on your application, it appears that you need to submit a Study Permit application.

Please read the below instructions and information very carefully:
· Your current application will be cancelled;
· You need to pay the balancing fee (CAD 50) while you are submitting your new application;
· You do NOT need to revisit the VAC for the purpose of providing your bio-metrics;
If you have applied along with other family members, please note that:
· They do NOT have to submit new applications unless they have also received an e-mail from us requesting them to do so;
· We assess family groups together. Therefore other members of your family will NOT be assessed until we receive your new application.
· To enable us to put your new application along with your family members, please send us an e-mail as soon as you have submitted a new application.

We have used the right application: imm5257e.pdf "Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)" .

My wife has a valid study permit and she has exam next month, What we should do now?

Thanks

How long was she out of Canada ?
Is the study permit still valid ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She left Canada in 17th of June, and she applied from Egypt for TRV, yes she has a valid study permit , and she hasn't finished yet here Msc program, she has exam next month in the University,
Based on the letter it doesn’t look like she has a valid study permit. Has her study permit expired? Has she been attending school?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
She has a valid permit till end of September

Call IRCC, talk to an agent .

Either you submitted the wrong forms , or the study permit is invalid.

Didn’t she have a valid TRV ?
Wasn’t she issued a TRV for course end date + 90 days ?