+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : I GOT THE PR

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hello all

I have got my PR last month and I am going to get married in January 2016.
How will my spouse get PR?
How much time will it take?
What is the best process we should follow to get her PR asap?

Is there any way my spouse get PR within 2 3 months after we get married?
Or is it possible to get Work Permit for her so that she can accompany me and continue her career there.
Waiting for 12-24 months will hamper her career if she accompany me on visitor visa too.

Please guide. In dilemma.

Please guide. I am new to all this.

Thanks a ton

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Any reason you didn't include her in your original PR application?

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
you can ask her to try for EE on her own... if her profile isnt near the cut-off, you cant do anything before you get married. Another option is, go for a court marriage right now and apply for her PR as spouse, by the time you guys get married traditionally, only a few months will be left for her to get her PR... as far as i know, she wont get a visitor visa for that long even if she decided to sacrifice some part of her career...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
malikjatin said:
I am about to get married in Jan'16.
So couldnt include her that time..

Please guys help
She could have been included as common-law.

Anyway, you have been told what needs to be done. She cannot work in Canada without a work permit. You can either be in Canada and she back home and you wait 12 -24 months for sponsorship (you cannot get family sponsorship as a PR holder outside of Canada) or she apply independently now in the EE pool which could take 6 months... or who knows.

There is no other way for her to work with you. She could be with you as a visitor for ~6 months, but you would have to prove to a VO officer she wouldnt be working.

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
Wow so much negativity.... you can apply for a work permit for her after ur wedding. I did something similar although mine was before pr.
Read up on work permit for spouse.
Cheers

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasmine4u said:
Wow so much negativity.... you can apply for a work permit for her after ur wedding. I did something similar although mine was before pr.
Read up on work permit for spouse.
Cheers
Yup. This is true. If she comes to Canada and you marry, you can apply for her as a family member, and under certain circumstances she can get a work permit while she waits for her status to come through. Congratulations on your marriage and PR, by the way!

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Apply for her visitor visa based on any conference or exhibition (if she is working and has an area of interest) in Canada. Then once she gets visa and comes here, you can sponsor her from inside and she wouldnt have to leave Canada because you would have already applied for her visa. - ("In canada spouses waiting for PR"). This takes 12 - 24 months. But at least she will be with you. Again, verify what has been mentioned on your own. I know of people who did this before EE was introduced. This advice is only for your help and is not a legal or binding advice ( :) ).

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

EXPERIENCED MEMBERS..PLEASE HELP OUT AND SUGGEST THE BEST WAY OUT.

I WANT THAT SHE SHOULD CONTINUE HER CAREER THERE.

SHE IS A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AND IF SHE GIVE A GAP IN HER CAREER, IT WILL BE VERY HARMFUL.

SUGGEST BEST AND FASTEST WAYOUT POSSIBLE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
malikjatin said:
You want to sponsor your spouse:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

If she wants to work in the interim, you can apply for a work permit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

Or, she can stay where she is, wait for the sponsorship to go through, then come and be able to work.

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
malikjatin said:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

EXPERIENCED MEMBERS..PLEASE HELP OUT AND SUGGEST THE BEST WAY OUT.

I WANT THAT SHE SHOULD CONTINUE HER CAREER THERE.

SHE IS A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AND IF SHE GIVE A GAP IN HER CAREER, IT WILL BE VERY HARMFUL.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
You both live outside of Canada at the moment? Is your country and/or age applicable for the Working Holiday Visa?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
malikjatin said:
I have got my PR last month
Have you already landed, or not? If you have not already landed, how much time do you have on your COPR?

and I am going to get married in January 2016 How will my spouse get PR? How much time will it take?
It is not guaranteed, and you will have to be patient, it will take time. How much time depends on many things, including whether you have already landed (or not) and what her country of citizenship is...

No. It will definitely take longer than that.

Or is it possible to get Work Permit for her so that she can accompany me and continue her career there.
Maybe. If she can get an LMIA-approved job offer, she can get a work permit. There may be other options depending on her country, and whether or not you have already landed.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
jes_ON said:
I have got my PR last month
Have you already landed, or not? If you have not already landed, how much time do you have on your COPR?

and I am going to get married in January 2016 How will my spouse get PR? How much time will it take?
It is not guaranteed, and you will have to be patient, it will take time. How much time depends on many things, including whether you have already landed (or not) and what her country of citizenship is...

No. It will definitely take longer than that.

Maybe. If she can get an LMIA-approved job offer, she can get a work permit. There may be other options depending on her country, and whether or not you have already landed.
Hello Everyone.

I have not landed yet. I am in India. Will be going in October just for applying PR card. So, practically, after wedding I will be in India only. She will also be in India.
She is an Indian only.

I am planning to take her along with me only with working rights.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
ask her to get a student visa. u will get a 2 yrs visa with 3 yrs work permit. stay together and hire a lawyer there. Find out a course which is 2 days a week. that would work out cheaper also.