+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP! TRV Extension in Canada

Feb 23, 2016
Hi everyone,
So here's my urgent situation, and I hope that any of you guys could help out.

I already booked my plane ticket to travel outside of Canada on 2/7, but I am still extending my study permit and TRV. My study permit extension should be finished by the end of May,and I am wondering if one month is enough to finish processing my TRV especially with lots of applications during the summer. How long did it take yours to get approved? If my TRV gets approved, do I have to send my passport to the Immigration Office, or are they going to send the new TRV to my address? I really want to avoid the worst case scenario of returning my ticket :(

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

nicknguyen2610 said:
Hi everyone,
So here's my urgent situation, and I hope that any of you guys could help out.

I already booked my plane ticket to travel outside of Canada on 2/7, but I am still extending my study permit and TRV. My study permit extension should be finished by the end of May,and I am wondering if one month is enough to finish processing my TRV especially with lots of applications during the summer. How long did it take yours to get approved? If my TRV gets approved, do I have to send my passport to the Immigration Office, or are they going to send the new TRV to my address? I really want to avoid the worst case scenario of returning my ticket :(

You will have to send passport for stamp. You won't send it initially, only on request later on.

Feb 23, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

You will have to send passport for stamp. You won't send it initially, only on request later on.
Thanks for your reply,

Do you happen to know how long is the whole application process for TRV? Is it shorter than for the study permit?