+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent HELP, please

honey_ca

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Hi everyone,

Almost in the final stage, I don't want to screw up. My passport got stamped already and waiting to get in back. Details are as follows:

contract will expire on May 3
Vacation will be April 3 - may12 to get my family.

I don't have a new contract to my existing employer. Do I NEED to have a work visa to enter canada SAFELY even though I got passport stamped? I don't have plan to exit to US border, my exit will be in the Phil's (use as my exit). Can someone share an experience about this....please... Thank you

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
You will not need a work visa to enter Canada. All you will need is the Immigrant visa (If you are not from a visa exempt country) and the Confirmation of PR (COPR). Upon arrival the officer will examine you, will see your itinerary, will see what province has nominated you and whether you are travelling in the province that has nominated you. Make sure you show them your connecting flights (If any). With the COPR and the Immigrant visa you will be beginning your new life, so not to worry about your work visa. I haven't done my landing yet, but I have read the CIC bulletin and other forums. If you have any more questions feel free.