+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!! HELP PLEASE REGARDING IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Last March 2010, i signed a contract with MERCAN RECRUIT to process my application thru FSW. I paid $315 downpayment. I gave all the requirements they needed. All of a sudden, it was i think JUne 2010 they changed the Eligible Jobs, they removed some and i wasn't qualified to apply. That time february 2010 i just got my new skilled work permit (FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR). So based on the changes, they said to me, i would be able to apply after 1 year of being skilled. So i tried to cancel my contract with them cause my plan that time after the changes since i was going to wait for 1 year was to apply for CEC. Mercan told me that i might have to pay the rest of the payment cause they already informed me of all the informations or knowledge in applying. Then i said ok fine, i will wait for1 year. So we waited and after a year around march 2011, they submitted my application thru FSW arranged employment. Unfortunately a month of submission i got refused based on the letter of my employer that they were not satisfied about it. Regarding the format of the letter, it was given by Mercan to me to let my employer make it. After the refusal, Mercan sent me another format of letter and reapply again. I made to many excuses like my employer is on vacation, my employer refused to give me a letter. They tried calling me but i keep saying those excuses. So, March 2012 i was qualified to apply thru CEC, so without Mercan's knowledge i applied by my own and until right im still waiting for the AOR. Last MAY 30 2012 we had talked, me and Mercan and i said i dont want to reapply my refused application with them and they said how about CEC and i said no i dont want to apply cause i might move to Saskatchewan. Then they said to me, are you sure you didnt apply? and i lied and i said no. Then Mercan told me that our conversation over the phone is verbal, so they want me to send them a letter that im cancelling my application with them. So i sent them an email after few days. You know in ECAS everytime i check using my client ID, it show's up my refused application with my home address and my mailing address. I keep checking my ECAS everyday cause im still waiting for my AOR from CIO. yesterday i got surprised when i checked ECAS cause my mailing is now changed to Mercan's address. What i did i changed it right away to my current home and mailing address and it says it will be updated after 15 days. What if this coming monday or tuesday or next week they will send me an AOR, so it might probably send to Mercan or they might send them a copy but in my CEC application, i didnt put Mercan, i put my home address and mailing addres and personal email address. But when i check ECAS it shows that they have MERCAN'S address as my mailing address. My plan is to call CIC and tell my situation and change my address over the phone. Do u think i will be in trouble with mercan? Do u think they will let me pay the remaining amount of the payment. But i think i have the right to apply by my own and besides i applied thru different program. What shall i do right now? Any help!!

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
My point is what if Mercan finds out about my own application? What are they gonna do to me? Do u think they will let me pay the remaining payment? Why would i pay? First and foremost our contract states, $315 downpayment, once i get an AOR i have to pay $900 and if i get a medical i have to pay the last payment which is $900. I paid $315 downpayment and then they submitted my application and i got refused. Then i waited till i qualified for CEC and i apply by my own. Any thoughts about it? Where can i seek free legal advice about this immigration process or regarding my situation if do i have to worry about it or ignore it cause im really scared right now. Please help me!!! Jess or seniorite bella.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. By caling CIC, if you mean the call centre, that is a good idea.
2. I don't see how you could be in trouble, it is not a crime to not want them as your representative. Besides, you paid for services which they did not provide and in fact, made you lose 1 year when you were eligible for CEC already.
3. Just because they want money from you does not mean you have to pay. If they threaten you, ask them to put it in writing and let them know you will report them to the canadian authorities(there is a website to report crooks like this).
4. Yes, you have a right to apply on your own.

You may be seeing Mercan's address because they have not yet updated the system with particulars from your CEC application. It will probably change when you get your AOR + file number. Just a guess!

If you are still too concerned to wait 15 days, you could also send a fax or email to the visa office processing your application - tell them you did not appointment a representative for your CEC application but ecas is showing the mailing address of a former representative(from your refused skilled worker application). Ask if they would kindly update the system to reflect your own mailing address and send all future correspondence to you directly.
Since you don't have a file number, your letter should include your name, date of birth, Client ID, and date CEC application was received by the visa office. Try not to worry, a representative can not influence decisions made on your application.

Read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
pongpong said:
My point is what if Mercan finds out about my own application? They can't do anything. Besides, they were only appointed to represent you on the skilled worker application which was refused and file is closed. They can not do business on your behalf with your new application or obtain information about it because you did not appoint them for it.

What are they gonna do to me? Nothing. They have no power to do anything.
Do u think they will let me pay the remaining payment? Why would i pay? First and foremost our contract states, $315 downpayment, once i get an AOR i have to pay $900 and if i get a medical i have to pay the last payment which is $900. I paid $315 downpayment and then they submitted my application and i got refused. Exactly - you don't owe them. See you are standing up for yourself just fine. :) Kudos! What business of theirs is it if you applied for CEC or even appointed a new representative? I think they just want to make money from you.

Then i waited till i qualified for CEC and i apply by my own. Any thoughts about it? Where can i seek free legal advice about this immigration process or regarding my situation if do i have to worry about it or ignore it cause im really scared right now. Please help me!!! Jess or seniorite bella. That's exactly how they want you to feel..scared and panicked so much so that you will give them money. Don't. They have no power to influence the visa officer's decision and as long as you did not lie on your application, there is nothing to be afraid of. Sit tight, stop communicating with them and wait for your AOR + file #.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Thank u senorita bella for your advice. right now i feel a little better. But you know last time i checked my ecas (thursday june 14), my home and mailing address was still showing there. But when i checked next day (friday june 15) it was changed to Mercan's mailing address. I have a doubt that they updated my ecas mailing address it's either last MAY 30 or 31 cause the last time i spoke to them it was MAY 30 around 4pm and i said to them i dont wanna continue with them anymore. Remember it takes 15 days to update the information in ECAS and that's why last June 15 it was changed to their address. So it means they can access my ecas anytime they want cause they have all my information. You know senorita bella there is an option in Ecas that i have to click the button if i want to discontinue the use of ECas and no one can see all my information regarding my application.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Senorita Bella.... You know the form IMM 5476 use of representative. There is an option that if i want to cancel the appointment of a representative i have to fill up the form. If in case i filled up the form, where do i have to send it? my plan is i just want to let CIC know that Mercan is no longer related with me nor representing on my behalf or accessing all my information.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
If you are still too concerned to wait 15 days, you could also send a fax or email to the visa office processing your application - tell them you did not appointment a representative for your CEC application but ecas is showing the mailing address of a former representative(from your refused skilled worker application). Ask if they would kindly update the system to reflect your own mailing address and send all future correspondence to you directly.
Since you don't have a file number, your letter should include your name, date of birth, Client ID, and date CEC application was received by the visa office. Try not to worry, a representative can not influence decisions made on your application.
[/quote]
Senorita Bella, i dont know who's visa office processing my application. All i know is, i sent my application to CIO nova scotia. I haven't got any file number yet. do u have any idea senorita bella to whom i have to send the email? if i have to send to CIO, do u know the email address of CIO Nove scotia? Thank u so much senorita beall.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
On the forms, you had to select a visa office that will process your application eventhough you mailed it CIO, Sydney. Which one did you select? Buffalo? The one in your home country? etc. That's the one that you will send the email/fax to. I think you can fill out that form to terminate a representative and inform CIC that you suspect that the representative is still using your information to access ecas because it is their mailing address showing on ecas not yours but you did not appoint them for the CEC application. Then ask them what can be done about that.

Contact information for the visa offices are below -
Visa offices outside Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

I'm not familiar with ecas, but if you think it's better to click that buttom to discontinue the use of ecas and anyone seeing your information, it's your decision to make. Also consider seeing an immigration lawyer(not consultant) to discuss what you can do.

If you want, you can call this number: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp and tell them your situation. They will advise you what to do. Make sure you have the name and address of the representative.

pongpong said:

Senorita Bella, i dont know who's visa office processing my application. All i know is, i sent my application to CIO nova scotia. I haven't got any file number yet. do u have any idea senorita bella to whom i have to send the email? if i have to send to CIO, do u know the email address of CIO Nove scotia? Thank u so much senorita beall.

billysmith188

Jun 20, 2012
hello mr pongpong pls sir what can u do for me to get intouch with the invitation letter to canada to obtain a visa.......mr billy smith.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
billysmith188 said:
hello mr pongpong pls sir what can u do for me to get intouch with the invitation letter to canada to obtain a visa.......mr billy smith.
Where are you now? Are you planning to come to canada to work or just to visit?

Icecreamed

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Alberta, ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2013
Nomination.....
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
Im so disappointed with mercan...i have already paid my final payment with them when i received my mr...niw that i received my ppr they just say...go on and send them...grrrrrrrr...the hell with this money faces people...i thought they would ask me to send them d pp's and they will be d one to send it to vo since they are in the city and it would only take 3 dys to reach vo while in my location it would take 15 days to vo...but if i will send them d pp from my location, it wud take only two days plus 3 days from mercan to vo...grrrrrrr