+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help please -Entered Canada and was reported, help with appealing process

rvilla

Mar 24, 2014
Hello everyone,

I posted before that I found out I could still entered Canada, with the risk of course of getting reported, so I recently entered Canada and got reported, the gave me a departure order which I have to send right away.

I wanted to see if anyone has gone or knows about the process, in the Appeal form it says I have to have a counsel, I'm not sure if I have to tell them right away or if I can get a lawyer once I sent the appealing form.

I was a minor when I left Canada with my parents, and I did not have the right information or guidance from the consulate when I asked, and since everyone told me that the residence was lost I believed it until I applied for a visitor visa where was denied since they told me I had PR and it would be better to review my situation, so I preferred to come to Canada and enter by land.

When I came I had an offer so I took the job as an IT Project Manager, that occupation is in demand here so I don't know if that could help in the future.

I would like to know if anyone has been in the appealing process and if you recommend getting a lawyer right away, or could I look for a lawyer later after I sent by mail the appealing form, I think I only have to attach a copy of the departure order.

One other question, can I apply for a PR card while I go to the appeal process? I read here that I can ask for it, but I dont know how that process should be

Thank you for all the help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're around 35 years old now - right?

If so, I sincerely doubt the "I was removed from Canada by my parents" argument is going to hold any water. You're way (way) too old.

Hiring a lawyer is expensive. In my opinion your money would be better spent elsewhere rather than appealing. Just my opinion...

rvilla

Mar 24, 2014
thank you scylla, I'm happy you remember me, I'm a little younger that 35 but still I have a very good understanding that I dont have much chance of winning the appeal, the immigration officer told me I have many grounds but that I had to defend them.

I want help about the appealing process and how long it could take, I'm working right now and hoping to see what my options could be in the future, I know that when I talked to immigration they knew my intentions to settle in Canada, and I'm working on that, I really would like your help with what my options can be and the appealing process time, I'm very aware that I might not win the appeal, but I know for sure I want to extend the process and my stay as much as I can.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forget about what happened in the past and rather focus on the future and why its good for both Canada and you to maintain your PR status. Dont go tell them your parents took you out and that you didnt know, this will just annoy them. I would be honest with them and say you were already established somewhere else and now you have a job here and have the means to be established in the country permanently.

I do recommend hiring a lawyer if money is no issue. It doesnt make your case stronger but unless you are confident that you can be convincing a lawyer may be able to.

rvilla

Mar 24, 2014
Thank you CanV, I will focus on the future, I told the immigration officer at the border that my intentions were to settle and from what people tell me here with the salary I am earning is going to be easy to apply for credits in banks and education courses which I believe will help my case that I want to settle.