+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed!

yzyejc

Nov 3, 2013
Hi guys, I'm going to submit my cec application tomorrow. However, I just realize some problems and I need your help!

1, 8 years ago, when I first came to canada as an international student, I submitted a birth certificate which stated that I was born in a county in our province. But in the new birth certificate I got this time from another notary, my birth place was changed to the city where my parents are now living. The reason for that change is that the first notary who did my birth certificate 8 years ago made a mistake, and this time it is corrected. So will my case be rejected because of the two different birth places? Will they cause any questions?

2, I'm Chinese and I visited both Hong Kong and Macau during the past 10 years, should I list them out on the travel detail form? As the form is asking for all places that one visited other than Canada and the country where he/she is from, but I'm not sure whether Hong Kong and Macau are considered part of China to immigrant officers...

3, I started to work in November 2011 but I graduated in August 2010, so there's a one year gap in between. The reason is that I actually planned to go to US for graduate school in 2011 and never thought about staying in Canada and applying for PR. So after graduation, I stayed here studying GMAT and applying for several grad schools. But then my bf came in early 2011 and I finally decided to stay here with him. That's why I started job hunting in September 2011. So for that gap year, should I tell the truth by "applying for grad school" or just say "job hunting" to make it easier? Will the immigrant officer question why it took me 1 year to find a job (which is just an entry level CSR...)???

4, my PGWP is expiring on this December 31. So if I mail out my application tomorrow by courier, I should have 55 days to receive my file number. However, given that the government normally start their vacations on DEc 20 around and won't start to work until early January, I will only have 45 days... So if I submit the BOWP in mid Dec with an explanation letter, how much possibility do I have to get it?

Thank you very much for any help and suggestions!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
1. As long as you have the corrected Birth certificate now, it should not be a problem.
2. It is better to write those visits. No harm in that i think.
3. You can write the truth. It is much better since you can always back it up.
4. BOWP requires an AOR. Though few members have received BOWP without AOR, I feel those are rare cases. Since you may not get AOR by December 31 (as you mentioned the vacations), they may reject you. You can wait till the very last week and apply for BOWP. Check this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-bowp-approved-without-submitting-aor-t153061.0.html

Good luck.

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
In my opinion:

1. agree with previous poster. as long as you have the correct one now. will u be submitting both birth certificates? if no, that's fine. if yes, maybe attach an explanation note.

2. I'd consider hong kong and macau separate entities. put them in the list

3. If i were you, I'd put "apply for graduate school / job hunting". It took me over a year to find a job. In this market place, I think that's totally reasonable.

4. not sure about this one. maybe call immigration to double check. Hard to know when exactly one will receive AOR. You could try sending off ur BOWP application with an explanation letter, but that's at your own risk.

yzyejc

Nov 3, 2013
iamroth said:
1. As long as you have the corrected Birth certificate now, it should not be a problem.
2. It is better to write those visits. No harm in that i think.
3. You can write the truth. It is much better since you can always back it up.
4. BOWP requires an AOR. Though few members have received BOWP without AOR, I feel those are rare cases. Since you may not get AOR by December 31 (as you mentioned the vacations), they may reject you. You can wait till the very last week and apply for BOWP. Check this thread:

Good luck.
thank you for your reply. given my tight situation, I'll have to submit BOWP application without AOR. But I'll try those seniors' strategy -- mail the application to the slowest office (currently takes 2 months to start one application) and provide an explanation letter. Once AOR is received, submit it right away so that we my BOWP application is started, my AOR is already there. However, one thing I know for sure is that my AOR will be issued after my current PGWP expires, so hopefully that won't be a problem....

yzyejc

Nov 3, 2013
kaytea said:
In my opinion:

1. agree with previous poster. as long as you have the correct one now. will u be submitting both birth certificates? if no, that's fine. if yes, maybe attach an explanation note.

2. I'd consider hong kong and macau separate entities. put them in the list

3. If i were you, I'd put "apply for graduate school / job hunting". It took me over a year to find a job. In this market place, I think that's totally reasonable.

4. not sure about this one. maybe call immigration to double check. Hard to know when exactly one will receive AOR. You could try sending off ur BOWP application with an explanation letter, but that's at your own risk.
thank you for your reply!

No, I'll submit this new one only. I'm just worried if they will check my old profiles.
My first job is just a CSR, so I wasn't sure if VO will question why it took me 1 year to find a CSR job...
yes, I'll definitely attach with an explanation letter. But do you know where to find a good template?

thank you again for any help!