+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED problems with amending study permit!

Nollmm

Jul 18, 2015
Hello! My name is Morgan and I am so very frustrated with CIC right now and I have no idea what to do and they are going to cost me a high paying job due to this nonsense, please let me know if there is anything I can do.
So basically, I need a SIN number, okay great no problem. However my study permit says I am prohibited to work in Canada, so of course I have to apply to amend it before I can go applying for my SIN.
When I filled out and completed the Amendment to Your Study Permit application (as detailed on the CIC website) and mailed it in to the CIC centre in Canada as urgent, they sent it back to me marked incomplete because I did not include proof of enrollment. Which, is NOT included in their required documents needed to obtain this study permit- but okay, fine we sent it back anyway with the new enrollment information.
Flash forward a month later, CIC sends my application back AGAIN!!! AS INCOMPLETE. Why? Because I didn't have "a canadian address to mail my documents to." Which makes absolutely ZERO SENSE. first off if they had to return my application the first time WHY wouldn't they include that also in the reasons it was being returned instead of having me believe that just including proof of enrollment was enough? SECOND THE APPLICATION CONTAINS MY STUDY PERMIT. How am I even suppose to get back into the damn country if I have my only copy mailed to a canadian address!? Last why would they ask for my current mailing address, provide a space to add a different country, AND MAIL MY APPLICATION MARKED AS 'INCOMPLETE' to my american address if they needed a canadian one!?
I am leaving for school again August 1st so there is no time time to send this in for the third time! My employer needed my SIN by August 4th! CIC is going to cost me 2,000 dollars for making no sense! Where do I go from here and what do I do!?

RahulA

Sep 21, 2016
Please send me your contact number. i am also waiting from last 2 months and they are not sending back my amended documents