18-09-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Hello all,

I would like to seek your opinion on the best possible path to apply for my PR card renewal.

My card expired a month back. However, I live in the USA and have not moved to Canada permanently for some family reasons. Hence I don't satisfy the residency requirement (2 out of 5 years in Canada).

My query is: Is there a way for me to get my PR card renewed? I have made up my mind now and want to move to Canada quickly.

Were any of you in this situation? Could you guide me on how I should move forward?

If you know any good immigration attorney who can help me resolve this, please feel free to message me or post here.

Best regards!!
Bubun

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

I would like to seek your opinion on the best possible path to apply for my PR card renewal.

My card expired a month back. However, I live in the USA and have not moved to Canada permanently for some family reasons. Hence I don't satisfy the residency requirement (2 out of 5 years in Canada).

My query is: Is there a way for me to get my PR card renewed? I have made up my mind now and want to move to Canada quickly.

Were any of you in this situation? Could you guide me on how I should move forward?

If you know any good immigration attorney who can help me resolve this, please feel free to message me or post here.

Best regards!!
Bubun
You can't renew your PR card if you don't meet the residency requirement.

You'll have to try to enter Canada through a US/Canada land boarder using a private vehicle and your expired PR card and hope you are not reported at the border for failing to meet the residency requirement. If you are able to enter Canada without being reported, then you would live in Canada for 2 years straight without leaving and then you'll be able to apply to renew your PR card after 2 years. If you are reported, then you'll need to appear at a hearing to argue why you should be allowed to keep your PR status even though you've failed to meet the residency requirement.

Having a lawyer won't give you more options or give you a fix to this issue. The situation will be the same.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
If you don't satisfy the two years out of the five, it means you've lost your Permanent Resident status...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that you can’t sponsor someone until you are compliant with your status. It is unclear whether you have a family and whether they also have PR.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello all,

Best regards!!
Bubun
you better stay in the USA, but
this is a lawyer website blog,,,,,
good luck,,,