+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed For PRTD

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hello Forum Members,

I hope you guys are doing well.

My girlfriend travelled to her home country (Russia). She had to travel due to some family emergency. She doesn't have a PR Card. As I understand she must need a PR Card or a PRTD in order to re-enter Canada.

We are trying to get some help how to apply but are very confused. We really need help in order to start the process for PRTD.

Can anyone please explain how to apply, where to send documents for PRTD. She in Russia from the past 7 days.

Thank you so much in advance guys. We will really appreciate your help.

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Thank you so much for your response.

I just would like to ask 2 more questions.

1. Does she needs to apply PRTD through CIC Account to email directly documents to her nearest VAC Office ?

2. How we can prove residency obligations because in the link it says "
If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
  • you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident.
She got her approval in end of March 2021 and since then we are waiting for her PR Card

Do we need to attach any certificate or any document for this residency obligation?

We really appreciate your help if you can suggest about it

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
  • you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident.
What to show under this category.